Best Place To Get A Great Steak In OKC

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
lUsed to be a place in Shawnee called Jays classic. It was a good steak but the portions were small. Always left there hungry.

You would have really liked the original Jay's Steakhouse in Tecumseh. It was much better than the Classic in Shawnee. Same owner, but wasn't near as good as the original.

ShurShot

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Rhett's has the best steak in town but you'll have to take it home and cook it yourself. Make sure he hits it with his seasoning.

Went to The Ranch once. The 400° plate splatterd steak juice all over my white shirt, my ribeye was half gristle and the garlic potatoes tasted like a boot that sat under the heat lamp for a couple of days. Cost me a couple hundred bucks.

I wouldn't call it the best in town by any stretch of the imagination but I've had plenty of great steaks at cattlemen's over the years.

Morton's of Chicago (Newport Beach), The Metropolitan Grill and El Goucho's in Seattle are my top 3!

dieseltech09

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Took the wife to the The Ranch last night. 22oz Bone in Ribeye cooked medium rare with Black Truffle Butter topper...... probably the best steak I've ever had.

I love Cattlemens, the steaks a good for the price but its no where near the steak I had last night.....

Jwryan84

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
P
Took the wife to the The Ranch last night. 22oz Bone in Ribeye cooked medium rare with Black Truffle Butter topper...... probably the best steak I've ever had.

I love Cattlemens, the steaks a good for the price but its no where near the steak I had last night.....

Damn that sounds good, been a while since I've been there.

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You would have really liked the original Jay's Steakhouse in Tecumseh. It was much better than the Classic in Shawnee. Same owner, but wasn't near as good as the original.
Right you are. I wish it would have never closed. Bandana reds ain't cutting it. When you used to be able to go to Vans and eat downstairs in the charcoal room they made some pretty good steaks.

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Right you are. I wish it would have never closed. Bandana reds ain't cutting it. When you used to be able to go to Vans and eat downstairs in the charcoal room they made some pretty good steaks.
That's right. The Charcoal Room downstairs had some good eats. I tried a ribeye at the north location a few years back. Big mistake!

Unfortunately I can't afford to eat steak much these days especially at some of the places mentioned here, but I can't really remember anyplace in the area that had a steak I would recommend.

Dave70968

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
COZICAN said:
$1000 dinner for 2. That better come with dancing girls! No way I would ever spend even 1/2 of that for dinner. I'm not cheap by any means but in my world everything has a max price and I'd put dinner around $200 including desert! $1000 bucks is more like a Jimmy Buffett concert weekend including tickets, hotel for two nights, drinks and meals!

It was Jimmy Buffett, Alan Jackson, and George Strait, and with tickets, meals, hotel, car, and airplane rental, that's about what it cost.

Worth every penny.

toehanus

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

I was a kid when the Jays in Tecumseh went out. I never ate there. Probably a good thing. At that age, I still thought McDonald's was good food.

www.infinityok.net

aestus

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Rhett's has the best steak in town but you'll have to take it home and cook it yourself. Make sure he hits it with his seasoning.

Went to The Ranch once. The 400° plate splatterd steak juice all over my white shirt, my ribeye was half gristle and the garlic potatoes tasted like a boot that sat under the heat lamp for a couple of days. Cost me a couple hundred bucks.

I wouldn't call it the best in town by any stretch of the imagination but I've had plenty of great steaks at cattlemen's over the years.

Morton's of Chicago (Newport Beach), The Metropolitan Grill and El Goucho's in Seattle are my top 3!

If you like the Met and El Goucho, you definitely need to try John Howie's in Bellevue, WA at the Bravern. Easily one of my favorite steakhouses and in my top 3. The Met is good, but John Howies is hands down better. The dry aging and cooked to perfection with the crust. So good. Not a fan of El Gaucho. For the price, I'd rather spend a little more and get a steak at the Met or John Howies.

aestus

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Guess I'm in the same consumer class. If that is what it takes to get a "good" steak it looks like I will go to my grave not knowing what one is like.

The Mrs and I ate at a fancy-shmancy place in Dallas. The steak was beyond anything I had ever had before. I don't know how to describe it any other way. It was more flavorful, juicy and meaty tasting than anything I've had before or since. The wait staff was great with a wine recommendation that was spot on. The sides were little bowels of taste bud heaven. Even the bread, fresh made, was great. Crunchy like a cracker on the outside, soft and melt in your mouth on the inside. The whole thing. entrees, sides (like most upscale places it's all priced separately), wine, desert and generous tip wasn't even $250. I think around $220-$230. I've been racking my brain and I cannot think of anything else they could add or change that would make it ok for me to pay four times that price.

Was the place in Dallas you went to called Pappas Brothers? It's one of my favorite steakhouses in Dallas and for the price it's pretty good.

Latest posts

Top Bottom