Best Place To Get A Great Steak In OKC

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jwryan84

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That's including the tip but each time has been between 1500-2000.
We've bring lots of friends and buy lots of alcohol too. They have a Moscato from a half bottle the girls love. I can't remember the name but they go real quick. Good times...

Jesus whats a guy do to afford 2K dinners. I must be living life wrong. Or those 3 cans in jail hinder my dinner budget.

aestus

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There's an old german woman named Mariam who owns the 1930s stone mansion a few miles from downtowb which has been turned into a fine dining restaurant by evening dinner reservation only. The mansion is famous for the 3 murders that took place there and the celebrities that visit. The have great steak and lobster, the environment is unlike any other.

Second on my list is, Mahogany Prime... we always rack up a ~$2000 tab there tho...

She no longer owns it. It was one of my favorite places. It's now part of a chain called J. Bruners http://jbruners.com. Haven't been since she's sold it so no idea how good the food is.

In OKC, the 2 places I go to for a great steak is Mahogany and Mickey Mantles. My tab after wine will easily approach about $1000+ for 2 people though. The Broadway and 10 Chophouse is also pretty good. Red Prime Steak is good the first couple of times. There's some places in Edmond that some of my friends say are pretty good, but I can't recall the names.

Ludivine does a very excellent Wagyu steak when they serve it and it's probably one of the best steaks to get in town.

For decently price "wet aged" steaks, Cattlemen's is decent. However, I'm a bit of a dry aged snob when it comes to steaks and find Cattlemen's to be lacking compared to what I can actually do on my own at home.

henschman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The Ranch, Cattlemen's, Mahogany, Red, and Boulevard Steakhouse all get the top cuts of steak. Maybe others... these are the ones I know and have been to, and all prepare a top notch steak.

I think the Ranch makes the best steak of the bunch because 1) you can order a 16 oz. filet and split it with your date, so you both get a thicker cut and more rare meat than you would if you got two separate 8 oz. steaks, and 2) because you can get the fattened liver of a force fed goose (foie gras) with your steak, which takes it to a whole new level of awesomeness. I'm not usually big on sauces and other crap on top of my steak when it is a top notch filet, but just a little sliver of foie gras on your fork when you take a bite makes incredible thngs happen in your mouth. Try it sometime and see if it don't.

The thing is, the Ranch is the most expensive steakhouse in town as far as I can tell. It's worth it when you want to treat yourself to the very best and are in the mood to be fancy.

However, I go to Cattlemen's by far more than any other because 1) they are really cheap compared to other places that have the best cuts (you can get an 8 oz. filet for $27, which is about half what the other good places want), and 2) they make as good of an 8 oz. filet as I've had anywhere in the world.

Besides, I dig the old school shitkicker ambience. Most of the time I just feel like a great steak... not necessarily "fine dining" or dressing up.

FWIW everything I say comes from the perspective of a guy who only ever orders filets. I can't speak to the quality of the ribeye, strip, prime rib, etc. at these places.

COZICAN

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
$1000 dinner for 2. That better come with dancing girls! No way I would ever spend even 1/2 of that for dinner. I'm not cheap by any means but in my world everything has a max price and I'd put dinner around $200 including desert! $1000 bucks is more like a Jimmy Buffett concert weekend including tickets, hotel for two nights, drinks and meals!

Coz

Hawgman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
$1000 dinner for 2. That better come with dancing girls! No way I would ever spend even 1/2 of that for dinner. I'm not cheap by any means but in my world everything has a max price and I'd put dinner around $200 including desert! $1000 bucks is more like a Jimmy Buffett concert weekend including tickets, hotel for two nights, drinks and meals!

Coz

Guess I'm in the same consumer class. If that is what it takes to get a "good" steak it looks like I will go to my grave not knowing what one is like.

The Mrs and I ate at a fancy-shmancy place in Dallas. The steak was beyond anything I had ever had before. I don't know how to describe it any other way. It was more flavorful, juicy and meaty tasting than anything I've had before or since. The wait staff was great with a wine recommendation that was spot on. The sides were little bowels of taste bud heaven. Even the bread, fresh made, was great. Crunchy like a cracker on the outside, soft and melt in your mouth on the inside. The whole thing. entrees, sides (like most upscale places it's all priced separately), wine, desert and generous tip wasn't even $250. I think around $220-$230. I've been racking my brain and I cannot think of anything else they could add or change that would make it ok for me to pay four times that price.

Shootin 4 Fun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This thread makes me want to cook you Texass Roadhouse, Cattlemans and Cimarron guys a good steak. I won't say that the steaks at those places aren't decent, but they aren't above average.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
This thread makes me want to cook you Texass Roadhouse, Cattlemans and Cimarron guys a good steak. I won't say that the steaks at those places aren't decent, but they aren't above average.

I know what ya mean, man.

The wife and I have spent close to $300 for the two of us on 2 occasions. Once at Mahogany in Tulsa as a reconciliation celebration, and then at another Prime steakhouse in Dallas on a special weekend. I think it was last year around Christmas when we went for a Bocelli concert. Anyways, they were both very special occasions and the steaks were definitely PRIME. But that bill was including alcohol and tip and sides and desert, blah blah blah.

Anything that's gonna be more than that, I'm just gonna get some decent steaks and cook 'em at home on my own grill, or sous vide. Which reminds me, I need to get some of those dry-aged steaks I saw at that place in Tulsa - was it Reasor's? I dunno, that upscale supermarket down south of midtown. Never done dry-aged, but it's supposed to be great.

No way I'm droppin' a grand on dinner for 2, though. More power to those who can, but I could repeat the most expensive dinner out I've ever had and still have enough left over to buy a pretty trick AR these days. ;)

Latest posts

Top Bottom