Best Place To Get A Great Steak In OKC

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ratski

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My first choice now is The Ranch on Britton road.

Fillet. Medium Rare. Comes on a 400 degree plate.

I've only found the "ideal" steak topping at two placed in OKC, Red and The Ranch.

What is "the ideal" topping????? Truffle Butter.

Do yourself a favor, order it if they have it. You only need one serving for 2-3 steaks. Don't coat your steak whole with it, just a small dab on the piece you are shoving in your mouth.

It is absolute tonguegasm.

Dave

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
There's an old german woman named Mariam who owns the 1930s stone mansion a few miles from downtowb which has been turned into a fine dining restaurant by evening dinner reservation only. The mansion is famous for the 3 murders that took place there and the celebrities that visit. The have great steak and lobster, the environment is unlike any other.

Second on my list is, Mahogany Prime... we always rack up a ~$2000 tab there tho...

Did you say a $2,000.00 tab? Really?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dave70968

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Not a fan of cattlemans steaks either.

I've given them three chances, and still no good. Every vacation we take, once the destination is determined, suppers revolve around the available steak houses with the greatest reviews. There's not many states we've not eaten multiple steaks in. Cattlemen's doesn't have any flavor and so far goes down as THE worst steaks........... obviously our desires in a steak differ. We had great service every time, cool place and history, just didn't like the steaks.

Are you talking about the Haunted House Restaurant that sits up the hill near I-35 and I-44? If so, yes they do have good steaks. I am also one of those that tried Cattleman's right after we moved here in '84, haven't been back since. Had an excellent steak at Lottinville's in Edmond. Served with four prawns and a butter sauce, was delicious!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Are the flies more controlled during the winter at Cattlemen's? lol

Cattlemans is a joke of a steakhouse. I'll never darken the door again. Sad people send out of towners there for a local meal.

Nice to know I'm not the only one who thinks poorly of Cattlemen's. I've never found them to be anything special, though I can't say they were actually bad. I seem to recall their salad dressing better than anything else.

MrShooter

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Did you say a $2,000.00 tab? Really?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's including the tip but each time has been between 1500-2000.
We've bring lots of friends and buy lots of alcohol too. They have a Moscato from a half bottle the girls love. I can't remember the name but they go real quick. Good times...

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Texas Roadhouse large cut ribeye is the best steak per dollar. Mahogany is the best high dollar steak.

I hope your not referring to the Stillwater location.

We have been there 4 times, and I chose the select your ribeye steak option. They put a little tag on it so you get the one you selected. I eat mine Medium Rare, and It better be there or the place is going to get it back for a refire.

4 times in a row, my request for a medium rare has came from the kitchen as a medium well. I tell the wait staff its not right, and ask for a new steak.
The 16 oz ribeye comes out about 1/2" thick every time from a refire well done. If it weighs more than 8 oz, I'd be surprised.
That place has no business grilling steak.

I'd love to take a portable scale in there to put a real weight on their steaks vs a real 16 oz ribeye.

magna19

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I remember first time at Cattlemen's about 10 years the ribeye I got was OK. Went back twice since then and the ribeye was like some all night 24 hr thin diner ribeye. Id eat there again but wouldn't say its a great place for a steak.

Hump66

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
12 Oaks up on Midwest Blvd, just North of Sorghum Mill Rd. Had our rehearsal dinner there. Good food, nice atmosphere, interesting story about the house.

Latest posts

Top Bottom