Best Place To Get A Great Steak In OKC

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

saddlebum

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Cattlemen's steak will turn you into a vegetarian lol.

bull **** I have never had a bad steak at cattlemans in the 35 years I've been eating there. I have eaten at every place mentioned except that refractory what ever. and cattlemans is the best. some of you must have east coast ***** taste buds

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
bull **** I have never had a bad steak at cattlemans in the 35 years I've been eating there. I have eaten at every place mentioned except that refractory what ever. and cattlemans is the best. some of you must have east coast ***** taste buds

I've given them three chances, and still no good. Every vacation we take, once the destination is determined, suppers revolve around the available steak houses with the greatest reviews. There's not many states we've not eaten multiple steaks in. Cattlemen's doesn't have any flavor and so far goes down as THE worst steaks........... obviously our desires in a steak differ. We had great service every time, cool place and history, just didn't like the steaks.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It has been a long time since I've eaten at Cattlemen's, but I've never had a bad steak there.

My preferred place is actually the Cimarron Steakhouse up at Meridian and 10th. They make a really good steak, and they're dirt cheap, to boot. And if you go there on weekend evenings, they have live music.

ETA: My favorite steak place was actually Cattle Rustlers in OKC. What could possibly be bad about all-you-can-eat steak? I heard someone say that if you eat enough lobster, it starts to taste like soap; the same does not hold true for steak, and I tried more than once when I was there. Too bad they've been closed for over 20 years. :(

MrShooter

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
There's an old german woman named Mariam who owns the 1930s stone mansion a few miles from downtowb which has been turned into a fine dining restaurant by evening dinner reservation only. The mansion is famous for the 3 murders that took place there and the celebrities that visit. The have great steak and lobster, the environment is unlike any other.

Second on my list is, Mahogany Prime... we always rack up a ~$2000 tab there tho...

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
^^^^ Where was Cattle Rustlers located?
It was on the frontage road on the west side of I-35, not far south of I-40 (well north of I-240). I don't recall which cross street it was nearest, but I could probably pick it out if I ever voluntarily went through OKC. (Then again, as much as the I-35 corridor has changed in Moore, maybe not.)

MrShooter

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Actually, I looked them up and apparently J. Bruners has bought her restaurant. Things look to be going well there though. Although I did enjoy how empty the mansion was when dining.

Latest posts

Top Bottom