Best place to get a hot water heater?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OkieMoe

WHEELMAN
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
One of my hot water tanks sprung a leak inside somewhere. And this close to Christmas I'm not looking to spend an arm and leg for a replacement. Does anyone know of a place in the Edmond/Okc area that one could grab a cheap gas 40ish gallon unit from....

Lol never fails. Wife's starter croaked a few days ago. Now the tank...

OkieMoe

WHEELMAN
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I wish you were on propane instead of NG. I have one that less than a few years old (40 gal slim) that I would sell ya for maybe 50 bucks.

Can you change out the regulators on those things from NG to LG? :ugh2:
oh I bet ya can, but I had better keep it simple lol.. Thanks though

Now I have a plumber buddy that does a lot of work in the sticks.. i'll pass the word if he needs one.. Iffn you dont mind..

OkieMoe

WHEELMAN
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks sooners.. Lowes has been the cheapest so far.. and a coupon would rock!!!!

I checked out the discount my company gets with Locke supply... Granted its 120 bucks cheaper than what the guy quoted me... and still a buck higher than Lowes.. go figure..

soonersfan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks sooners.. Lowes has been the cheapest so far.. and a coupon would rock!!!!

I checked out the discount my company gets with Locke supply... Granted its 120 bucks cheaper than what the guy quoted me... and still a buck higher than Lowes.. go figure..
Locke's discounts are based on volume. If your buddy does low volume, his price will be close to retail. If you know someone with a big outfit, their pricing may be much better. I use those Lowe's coupons all the time. I've saved several thousand dollars since I found that website. If you are military, you get the 10% without a coupon. If you open a credit account, you get 5%.

257wby

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ask about dent and ding units at lowes, locke, or other places. Since the exterior of hot water heaters is just a cosmetic shell, and most hot water heaters are in a utility closet or garage, this is a good way to go. This is what we did for our water heater at the shop. We laid pex in the concrete for radiant heat. If you are ever building a shop or any building with a slab floor, this is well worth your money!

Latest posts

Top Bottom