May need a place to stay; Landlord threatening eviction for asking for repairs

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

psimp

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Holy crap, I finished the thread!! And Joe, I just charged enough rent for 15 years to cover my costs, wasn’t trying to get rich, just end up with equity. Heck I lost money. Started at $450 and was still $450 15 years later..others were $650-700.. Yes I was a DA. Now I live in a neighborhood where a house sells as soon as it hits the market, and not by a corporation, they’re 20-30’s with a kid or 2. I’m a boomer but thought it was the younger people that have allowed so many illegals in, and give Govt benefits. Damn this was ALMOST entertaining…. almost.. good luck.

chuter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
the "i don't mind renting" was in the context of people thinking i'm too poor to have other options. they probably don't know the size of the house i rent, but whatev.

we have more houses than people. we don't have all houses occupied, nor all people housed because people buy multiple properties. some people buy a whole bunch. some people panic and think they won't be able to buy one in the future so they buy one now. some people use it as a revenue stream, as many have stated here.

this is called "hoarding" when it comes to literally any other good. and most places that sell goods put purchasing restrictions in place to limit this hoarding. however, our current financial system *incentivizes* this hoarding, and thus the situation. we are now in a place wherein corporations are purchasing property en masse to abuse this system because of the obvious brain dead simple returns.

this article is old, and it's only gotten *much* worse:

https://nypost.com/2020/07/18/corporations-are-buying-houses-robbing-families-of-american-dream/
>....in the wake of the 2008 financial crisis, corporations began buying suburban houses en masse and then renting them out, often for more than residents would have otherwise paid in rent or mortgage.

>This has become so common that, while the phenomenon “didn’t exist a decade ago,” corporations bought one out of every 10 suburban homes sold in 2018.

>Corporate homeownership can not only subject tenants to higher living costs, but often destroys their ability to buy these homes themselves, as companies pay top dollar to take them off the market.

>As a result, America is quickly becoming a renter nation.

>“Between 2006 and 2016, when the homeownership rate fell to its lowest level in fifty years, the number of renters grew by about a quarter,” Dezember writes.

>The bonanza really took off in 2011, when Morgan Stanley issued a report called “A Rentership Society.” With over 1.6 million foreclosed homes in the United States and more on the way, the report forecast “a surge in the number of renters and a potentially massive opportunity for investors to convert the glut of repossessed homes into rental properties.”

>America’s investment managers were all in. By 2012, “more than $1 billion had been raised by investors for the purpose of doing just that. Some of the biggest names in finance were hoarding houses.”

>“If homeownership falls out of fashion for even a generation, there could be dire economic consequences unless renters become diligent savers and prudent investors. If that happened on a grand scale, it would be as momentous a shift in American behavior as abandoning homeownership en masse.”

this was written years ago. look up what blackrock and even zillow itself have been doing since then. this is a new phenomenon that *first time home buyers* now have to deal with. no one in this thread has countered this, they've only shared their personal anecdotes of purchasing their first home 20+ years ago, which has no bearing on the conversation at hand.
This is great reset stuff and I agree with you if you're saying it's wrong. But it seems you're blaming the boomer generation for the great reset; is that correct?
It's a corrupt ideology that is perpetrating that on the world, not a generation with the values of hard work and responsibility.

joegrizzy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
This is great reset stuff and I agree with you if you're saying it's wrong. But it seems you're blaming the boomer generation for the great reset; is that correct?
It's a corrupt ideology that is perpetrating that on the world, not a generation with the values of hard work and responsibility.
lol

how old are the members of the WEF? we say this stuff is by design, then when you see someone complaining about the effects of the design being implemented, everyone is just like "oh lol you are poor and stupid".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom