Members who just want arms list, should I be bothered? Classifieds gripe…

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
I leave feedback for every meet. Even if it a free item. A man's word is all he has.

I think on deal #1 you should post the screen name. Protect other members from shady people.
THIS!

I do the same on EVERY deal I make. Free stuff especially. I have received half feedback in return.

Lucky

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This place isn’t what it used to be.
Still a ton of good folks here.

I’ve been ghosted on deals here more times than I can remember. …..meh….. Life goes on.

If it bothers you enough to post about then leave negative feedback.
I don’t know that a lot has changed since you have joined. Was you here before under a different name?

Catt57

Gill-Gun Guru
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I probably have not gotten feedback on a 1/3 of my transactions. If there was an add feedback button our profiles it would be easier and probably more likely to be done. In my experience folks won’t do things if it isn’t easy to do. Feedback isn’t hard but if you have never done it, it takes a few steps and there isn’t a tutorial

I think this is a big reason why some don't leave feedback. It's not intuitive. The ways (or rather the lack thereof) to access feedback system could definitely use an overhaul.

@Support Dev is this something that can be looked into?

Last edited:

Rez Exelon

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've been the first bit of feedback on many users' profiles even though I don't get as much in return. I've personally debated if I should wait until THEY provide feedback first.

For someone already established, in a way it doesn't matter. After the number gets to a certain point with nothing red then I don't think it matters. Like, for me I've got a fair amount --- enough that I probably don't need more.

Free Trapper

Repeat Offender
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It seems like the old Feedback system was a lot easier to use...maybe its just me.

I can say that I have never had a bad experience with OSA members meet-ups. Not so with Armslist.

AS a matter of fact, I did a scattergun swap with an Armslist poster yesterday evening. As nice a guy as you would ever want to meet. Turns out he lived just about 4 miles from me. We solved all the worlds problems after the swap.

I have meet 2/3 real jerks on Armslist meet-ups, but hands down worst is the guy who meets up with you and then tries to low ball you.

Make the deal BEFORE YOU MEET UP! I don't mind people making reasonable offers on my stuff. I've made offers on lots of stuff if it isn't a steal to begin with. If you don't like the offer, just say no thanks.

Don't make offers on the listing. PM the guy with offers.

You kinda develop a 6th sense on Armslist postings. If it gets your Spidey sensors working, just move on.

Armslist now had a limited feedback system. Just a 1 through 5 stars rating with limited selections on comments, but I guess its better than nothing.

And as CAMO said. "A mans only as good as his word" I drummed that into my son's heads all the time they we're growing up :)

OK Free Trapper, shut up and get to work.

j99tc88

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I do try to leave feedback as soon as I get back home, if I’ve missed anyone it was by accident, and would gladly remedy that. Every time I’ve met someone it has been positive, haven’t had a bad experience and have really enjoyed my visits. There is a long time group here that know each other, I’m relatively new so most of the time I only get into conversations if I feel like my contribution would be worthy.

Latest posts

Top Bottom