What is the state law on producing I.D. on demand from law enforcement

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

queenjohnson1791

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Document, document, document, no recorders in my day, then report them.

I reported a highway patrolman who took my cuffs off of my drunk driving arrest and beat the guy's nose in the PD bathroom because my drunk spat on him. Henceforth the trooper was stationed to Boise City, Oklahoma. If you have ever been there you know that is the last outpost before you are fired. I also have to say that incident was n't the only deciding factor for him to be moved out to BFE, Oklahoma.

A deputy I worked with found a bottle of liquor that was unopened and opened it, poured out a little bit then wrote the guy for open container.

This shiiit just rubs me raw! I took an oath and by damn, if I had to sacrifice my job because I stood on principles so be it.

This was inside my clipboard and I saw it every day. It reminded me of why I did what I did and how to conduct myself.

Law Enforcement Code of Ethics​

As a law enforcement officer, my fundamental duty is to serve the community; to safeguard lives and property; to protect the innocent against deception, the weak against oppression or intimidation and the peaceful against violence or disorder; and to respect the constitutional rights of all to liberty, equality, and justice.

I will keep my private life unsullied as an example to all and will behave in a manner that does not bring discredit to me or to my agency. I will maintain courageous calm in the face of danger, scorn or ridicule; develop self-restraint; and be constantly mindful of the welfare of others. Honest in thought and deed both in my personal and official life, I will be exemplary in obeying the law and the regulations of my department. Whatever I see or hear of a confidential nature or that is confided to me in my official capacity will be kept ever secret unless revelation is necessary in the performance of my duty.

I will never act officiously or permit personal feelings, prejudices, political beliefs, aspirations, animosities or friendships to influence my decisions. With no compromise for crime and with relentless prosecution of criminals, I will enforce the law courteously and appropriately without fear or favor, malice or ill will, never employing unnecessary force or violence and never accepting gratuities.

I recognize the badge of my office as a symbol of public faith, and I accept it as a public trust to be held so long as I am true to the ethics of police service. I will never engage in acts of corruption or bribery, nor will I condone such acts by other police officers. I will cooperate with all legally authorized agencies and their representatives in the pursuit of justice.

I know that I alone am responsible for my own standard of professional performance and will take every reasonable opportunity to enhance and improve my level of knowledge and competence.

I will constantly strive to achieve these objectives and ideals, dedicating myself before God to my chosen profession… law enforcement.
Thank you! Wow! Sir, you are a great example of a Fine Police Officer!

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Document, document, document, no recorders in my day, then report them.

I reported a highway patrolman who took my cuffs off of my drunk driving arrest and beat the guy's nose in the PD bathroom because my drunk spat on him. Henceforth the trooper was stationed to Boise City, Oklahoma. If you have ever been there you know that is the last outpost before you are fired. I also have to say that incident was n't the only deciding factor for him to be moved out to BFE, Oklahoma.

A deputy I worked with found a bottle of liquor that was unopened and opened it, poured out a little bit then wrote the guy for open container.

This shiiit just rubs me raw! I took an oath and by damn, if I had to sacrifice my job because I stood on principles so be it.

This was inside my clipboard and I saw it every day. It reminded me of why I did what I did and how to conduct myself.

Law Enforcement Code of Ethics​

As a law enforcement officer, my fundamental duty is to serve the community; to safeguard lives and property; to protect the innocent against deception, the weak against oppression or intimidation and the peaceful against violence or disorder; and to respect the constitutional rights of all to liberty, equality, and justice.

I will keep my private life unsullied as an example to all and will behave in a manner that does not bring discredit to me or to my agency. I will maintain courageous calm in the face of danger, scorn or ridicule; develop self-restraint; and be constantly mindful of the welfare of others. Honest in thought and deed both in my personal and official life, I will be exemplary in obeying the law and the regulations of my department. Whatever I see or hear of a confidential nature or that is confided to me in my official capacity will be kept ever secret unless revelation is necessary in the performance of my duty.

I will never act officiously or permit personal feelings, prejudices, political beliefs, aspirations, animosities or friendships to influence my decisions. With no compromise for crime and with relentless prosecution of criminals, I will enforce the law courteously and appropriately without fear or favor, malice or ill will, never employing unnecessary force or violence and never accepting gratuities.

I recognize the badge of my office as a symbol of public faith, and I accept it as a public trust to be held so long as I am true to the ethics of police service. I will never engage in acts of corruption or bribery, nor will I condone such acts by other police officers. I will cooperate with all legally authorized agencies and their representatives in the pursuit of justice.

I know that I alone am responsible for my own standard of professional performance and will take every reasonable opportunity to enhance and improve my level of knowledge and competence.

I will constantly strive to achieve these objectives and ideals, dedicating myself before God to my chosen profession… law enforcement.
Was said OHP married to a Sapulpa cop by any chance? Early-mid 1990s?

Chuckie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

I don't typically condone an officer using violence against a perpetrator, however, occasionally 'above and beyond' violence is the only way to get the point across with some people.
The YouTube video cut-out before showing what happened so I had to replace it with another one of the same video from Facebook.

Last edited:

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
Was said OHP married to a Sapulpa cop by any chance? Early-mid 1990s?
I didn't like him much so we never socialized. I don't know. Can't even remember his name. I'd damn sure recognize his face. I think he was the one who accidentally shot a dispatcher somewhere. I heard while twirling his gun. It slipped and he grabbed it triggering off a round into the dispatcher or the floor into the dispatcher.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score

I don't typically condone an officer using violence against a perpetrator, however, occasionally 'above and beyond' violence is the only way to get the point across with some people.
The YouTube video cut-out before showing what happened so I had to replace it with another one of the same video from Facebook.

Man, I wish handcuffs stopped speech functions!

HillsideDesolate

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

I think the issue here was not using enough force to maintain control of the suspects.

BillM

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a novel idea.
I think all these police should just quit to a man/woman.
911 can respond with something to the effect of "you're on your own" and "provide an address for the ambulance"

We'd save a lot of taxes and people wouldn't get hurt feelings over IDs and cops having bad days.
That could work. I think the odds are against it, but it COULD work...

I'm one of those who left Cali, but I left there in 1973, because I though I saw what was coming. Now I know I suffered an insufficiently cynical imagination. My grandpa was one of those who didn't like Okies. He was from Michigan, and met my grandma, who was a native Californian, in a logging camp during the Great Depression. I'm not at all sure why he thought going to Cali for a job back then was OK for him, but not for those Okies. I understand that I have relatives in Vienna, MO. My grandma's great grandparents were run out of town in the 1850's for being abolitionists. And my ex-wife, who was from NYC, visited them as a teenager. Then met me at Sheppard AFB a few years later. Found out we were distantly related a week before getting married, in 1974. TLDR.

I've lived in various location in the southern half of the country for the first half of my adult life. And here for the rest of it. I've met cops in 7 different states, and lost count of how many cities. Most are good. Some are really poor. Used to have an honorary uncle who was a cop. Learned a lot about cops from him. He said that there were good cops and bad cops, and that good cops who didn't do anything about the bad cops were bad cops themselves. I've always though that cops should police themselves. But it doesn't really seem like it works that way. I wonder why that is?

Latest posts

Top Bottom