Best SHTF/ Apocalypse flix?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SaintJames

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There's an old episode of the twilight zone where the lead character just wants to be left alone to read, so he goes down into the vault of the bank where he works on his lunch break. During lunch the whole nuclear war/M.A.D. thing happens, and once he emerges, he is actually glad to be able to read in peace....until he breaks his glasses.

badrinker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There's an old episode of the twilight zone where the lead character just wants to be left alone to read, so he goes down into the vault of the bank where he works on his lunch break. During lunch the whole nuclear war/M.A.D. thing happens, and once he emerges, he is actually glad to be able to read in peace....until he breaks his glasses.

I remember that, great episode. Was it also a TZ episode where the character had the watch that stopped time, was running around looting everything, accidentally broke the watch and left himself all alone?

Suprised no one has mentioned "Red Dawn" yet. I remember thinking it was great when I first saw it, now just feels rather dated.

Edit: I see while I was typing, 348 did mention it.

Werewolf

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I liked "The Postman" the first time I watched it.

The Postman was freaking great. An ordinary guy gets sucked into being a hero by circumstance. Rises to the occassion and KICKS the bad guy's butt.

I know I'm in a small minority on this one but Waterworld was an entertaining romp thru a what if too.

jeffsoward

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Believe it or not, 2012 and Day after Tomorrow were two of my favorite apocalypse movies.
I also liked Deep Impact and the first Resident Evil movie as SHTF fare. The Core was funny because of the whinyness of all the characters.
I also liked Armageddon, but I'm a Bruce Willis fan.
Post-apocalyptic, Waterworld was pretty cool. The Last Chase was cool when I was a kid, but I haven't seen it in like 25 years.

Jon3830

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I always liked watching The Stand. Still watch it if it happens to be on and nothing else is. Kind of long but worth it.

I can't watch this movie anymore because I have a friend whos cousin is 5.5 beers short of a 6 pack and I still hear him going m o o n that spells truck.

Latest posts

Top Bottom