Best/warmest gloves and footwear

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NINEROUND

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So, after bitter cold hunting and just in general, I would like some recommendations for the warmest, yet dexterous gloves( for shooting) and warmest foot wear. I have been using the mid 1990's military issue leather boots with inserts, but they aren't cutting it and are bulky too. Any recommendations? Maybe I'm just a sissy, but I'm tired of cold toes and fingers.

doctorjj

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I prefer Chrome merino wool socks. Made in North Carolina. Fit like no other. Aren't super thick but make a great base layer sock. Can double or triple them up or put on a thick pair of wool boot socks over them. One key to keeping your toes and feet warm is keeping your core warm. The first thing your body does is restrict the blood flow to your extremities if your core temp starts to drop. You don't have to feel cold for this to be happening.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yes, wool, or having it incorporated into the socks. Lots of thinsulate. I have some of the US military artic gear that I've used over the years, but when going to the new stuff, its hand down better. Science is a wonderful thing.

Danny Tanner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have these: http://www.heritagegloves.com/ExtremeWinter.html and absolutely love them. These were recommended to me by a shooter because they're thick and warm enough for winter use, yet not so bulky it makes every day tasks cumbersome. Mine are a year old and don't have the heat packet pocket nor are they touch screen compatible, but they're still fantastic, quality gloves. I picked mine up at that feed store north of I-44 by the Cowboy Hall of Fame.

Quite a drive from Altus, but perhaps looking at other feed stores could be a point to look and try on a pair.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
A little food for thought.

When we ski in the rockies, its almost like 30 degrees when the actual temps are -10F.

20 degrees in the Rockies is way different from 20 degrees in Oklahoma.

Latest posts

Top Bottom