Best way to cut hole in chrome bumper

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jeff405

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I will hook up to a separate switch. I do not want to use as reverse lights. We do a lot of camping. Thought this would be a good idea to use when backing camper into camping spot after dark. Flood the area with light instead of someone standing outside with a flashlight.

Just throwing the idea out there for this situation, but what about mounting the light to the camper itself? Say on the fenders to light up the back half, or even LED lights under the camper to illuminate the whole ground are under the camper?

oufan24

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just throwing the idea out there for this situation, but what about mounting the light to the camper itself? Say on the fenders to light up the back half, or even LED lights under the camper to illuminate the whole ground are under the camper?
That is a good idea. But I would like to have the option to use the lights for any other reason that may come up besides camping.

Shoot Summ

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If it were me, I would play around with the lights, and the trailer, and look for the mounting position that gives the best gains. You may find that mounting them in the bumper provides no benefit. I would probably make some magnetic mounts and an easy hook up pigtail and then do some testing.

chadh2o

Gunslinger
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
uploads.tapatalk_cdn.com_20160330_41e4704c6f806159b6dab951d5ac658e.jpg

Go buy a Ranch Hand with them already installed.

chadh2o

Gunslinger
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Nice job! Curious how bright? Flood or spot? I am wanting to install in a headache rack.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

oufan24

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Finally got around to getting a night time pic. Pretty bright. When hooked up to the camper, the lights are just below the camper so it lights up the area really well. These are 18w floods. Got them on Amazon for like $40 for the pair. Pretty pleased with the outcome.
uploads.tapatalk_cdn.com_20160417_0a484a39089b2085988a46f19aba82d8.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom