Best way to defend boat?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigfug

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
After an incident on the lake, I am arming my boat. I dont know if I will post the story here on a local forum since the incident happened on the lake, but lets say that I was stone cold sober, never drank anything besides bottled water all weekend, my vessel was boarded, and the other party had a weapon. I avoid the party spots, this was in a channel in a secluded part of the lake. Little hands are on board, so putting a maritime spring cup in my glock probably wont work, but I would like secure, but fast access to a weapon. I do have a carry permit so I imagine all SDA laws would still apply just as if this were my car, or I were carrying.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Wow... did you file a complaint with the local police or lake patrol? This is very VERY concerning to me, as I plan some trips out on the boat this summer.

bigfug

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
No, I havent, but considering it. Someone got the tag # of the boat and truck when they were packing up and hauling ass out of there. It would be my word against at least 8 adults, and some children, all related. But he did try to get me off the boat, so dont know if that would be like an attempted carjacking. I am debating calling the Eufalla Police and going ahead and making a report. I figured they left, fight was over, and the police probably had a lot going on (saw a highspeed pursuit a little later, not the guys involved though).

bmwguy25

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
No, I havent, but considering it. Someone got the tag # of the boat and truck when they were packing up and hauling ass out of there. It would be my word against at least 8 adults, and some children, all related. But he did try to get me off the boat, so dont know if that would be like an attempted carjacking. I am debating calling the Eufalla Police and going ahead and making a report. I figured they left, fight was over, and the police probably had a lot going on (saw a highspeed pursuit a little later, not the guys involved though).
I was working on Eufuala this weekend. Which end of the lake where you on? The north and south ends are pretty desolate. I was out flying around there

bigfug

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Why would you let some random person get close enough to board your boat? Distance is your friend.

Eufalla was the lake. I was coming off a private dock into a channel in a pontoon. He had an angle into the channel, and almost rammed me, pulled in front of me. I killed the throttle to avoid a collision, he jumped out of the drivers seat onto the bow of my boat as it was coming across my bow.

bigfug

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was working on Eufuala this weekend. Which end of the lake where you on? The north and south ends are pretty desolate. I was out flying around there

I would have delivered the conversion had I known that LOL. We were over by Oak ridge Rec area, where 9A and 69 meet. You dont fly the chopper that takes pictures do you?

Latest posts

Top Bottom