Best way to sell a truck with a bad motor?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bettingpython

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Fill crank case with 90weight gear lube to quiet the knock take it to the dealer and get as much trade as you can for a new truck.

Works great for motors with spun rod bearings....

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
ok, slight coolant leak over the last couple months. has used some oil over the last year but never dripped at all. i never let the engine overheat caused i checked the coolant often. i have always changed oil every 3-5k and kept an eye on the oil level. there seems to be an oil loss or restriction to the top of the motor. right now it is clattering fairly good but quiets down after it warms up. other days it drags to a start then lightly clatters for 5-10 seconds. oil and coolant are getting by somewhere but not getting in the oil or transmission.
btw, its an 04 chevy 4.8 liter 4x4 ext cab in white.

Cowboy2000

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Since the weather is so hot, the heavy weight oil idea is good. If it sounds good for the first fifteen minutes and you want to get rid of it for quick cash, take the truck to the auction. I use route 66 auction in between el Reno and Yukon.

Latest posts

Top Bottom