BHO commutes sentences of 46 inmates at El Reno

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ace_on_the_Turn

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
In all seriousness. It could be very interesting to see what happens with these people. It could make a hell of debate "gotcha".

"Well mr. President, thanks for allowing 4 people to be killed,3 women to be raped, 6 armed robberies to take place and x#'s of narcotics to be trafficked. By the way 32 of the men you let out are back in custody. Thank you Mr. President. "

Not that the GOP would actually have the brass to throw that one out there.

Just wondering who, and why, he would be debating?

Honey Badger

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Please tell me which of the statements below are false.

All drug users are violent criminals.

All violent criminals use drugs.

Alcohol is less dangerous than drugs.

All people who use drugs are unproductive.

Driving under the influence of alcohol is less dangerous than driving under the influence of marijuana.

All people who use drugs are drug addicts.

The war on drugs has created wealthy drug cartels.

Marijuana is illegal in all 50 states.

I never said that ALL do these things. It just takes one, or a few. Casual recreational use isn't so much an issue till someone gets hooked, or gets behind the wheel. By your reckoning ALL those who drink get behind the wheel and drive drunk. That's not the case in either argument. The argument is that as we speak they are illegal. Their use is illegal. That's what I am referring to.

Defnestor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We fight against a similar argument all the time. It's illegal to rob someone's wife or kill his kid. I support additional penalties if someone commits these crimes under the influence, but legislating morality is an incredibly bad idea.

Shootin 4 Fun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I never said that ALL do these things. It just takes one, or a few. Casual recreational use isn't so much an issue till someone gets hooked, or gets behind the wheel. By your reckoning ALL those who drink get behind the wheel and drive drunk. That's not the case in either argument. The argument is that as we speak they are illegal. Their use is illegal. That's what I am referring to.

Which begs the question. Why are they illegal? Nobody can provide evidence that alcohol is less harmful or addictive than marijuana. You go on a rant about how dangerous all of these convicts are violent and the back peddle that they aren't all violent.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Which begs the question. Why are they illegal? Nobody can provide evidence that alcohol is less harmful or addictive than marijuana. You go on a rant about how dangerous all of these convicts are violent and the back peddle that they aren't all violent.

So your saying the drug culture involving weed is not violent?

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

I'll take "nighttime no-knock/knock& smash raids for a joint" for $800 Dennis.

Seriously, saying drug culture involving weed is violent would be the same as saying the alcohol culture involving beer is violent. You're going to find violent drunks and violent pot smokers wherever you look hard enough, but that doesn't change the fact that millions of people smoke pot every day and never commit a violent act. The same goes for beer drinkers.

It's a non-starter.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'll take "nighttime no-knock/knock& smash raids for a joint" for $800 Dennis.

Seriously, saying drug culture involving weed is violent would be the same as saying the alcohol culture involving beer is violent. You're going to find violent drunks and violent pot smokers wherever you look hard enough, but that doesn't change the fact that millions of people smoke pot every day and never commit a violent act. The same goes for beer drinkers.

It's a non-starter.
I'm not talking about the end user of either. I'm talking about the process of getting pot from the fields into the hands of the end users. Nobody can say there is not deadly violence involved. I can flood this forum with links to murders, kidnapping, torture, etc. related to pot growing, transportation, and distribution.

Latest posts

Top Bottom