BIble for Men/fathers/husbands suggestions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

streak

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hey! Have you checked out The Bible app? There's a TON of stuff there ... :)

No, I may have to check that out but for now I really want my own bible. The last one I had was my precious moments bible I got during first communion. Needless to say I never really got in to it.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
No, I may have to check that out but for now I really want my own bible. The last one I had was my precious moments bible I got during first communion. Needless to say I never really got in to it.

I kinda like having a "real" book to hold and read too. I haven't checked but I'd be willing to bet there is free religious literature on Kindle too -- Just until you get your own ...

You know, I haven't had a Bible of my own in years either. I bought one for each of the boys when they became "of age" so they took those with them when they moved out. GC has one that was his dad's before him -- got it from the police department (his dad was a JBT too) -- so I don't like to use that one. He's pretty sentimental about it and I'd hate to accidentally mess it up or lose it or something. Sam's Club had some nice (read: fairly large print :teehee:) KJV Bibles for $16.00 not too long ago. I snagged one of those, so now, after all these years, I have my own. :)

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
I highly recommend this site:
http://www.blueletterbible.org/
You can search word by word, or phrases. Once you get to a verse, you can select between many different versions - great for helping one understand various difficult verses and passages. You can also access the greek (for NT) interlinear, so you can see what the greek word was in the original text, and see how else it was translated, and where. They also have an iOS app. I'd bet they have an Android app too.

I'd highly recommend getting *just* a Bible. No interspersed study tips, or commentaries. Maps and concordance in the back are nice, but I prefer to be able to just read the text, then refer to separate sources for study aids. Keep the Bible just the Bible. Helps me keep clear what is truth and what is man's comments on it.

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We were far from assholes, just obliviously still slurred speech cant barely stand up drunk. I think we said maybe 8 words to the guys. We really didn't know what was going on until they left. Back in those days it was SOP to just yell come in and lean the recliners back to you could see who was coming in the door....we were young and uninformed.

LOL, I got that. I just want to be able to know the bible better. I am now a first united Methodist. and get very intimidated around my current crowd as they can just about all give direct quotes from the bible.
you know there are many people that can quote the bible. And most of them dont even live by what they are quoting. Too many so called Christians take so many things out of context. Dont let that get you down. Just because they can quote scripture doesnt mean they are better than you. And many dont even understand the true meanings of scripture. Just like people who call themselves Christians and they haven't even been baptized the proper way.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'd highly recommend getting *just* a Bible. No interspersed study tips, or commentaries. Maps and concordance in the back are nice, but I prefer to be able to just read the text, then refer to separate sources for study aids. Keep the Bible just the Bible. Helps me keep clear what is truth and what is man's comments on it.

This. I've studied several different religions. Lots of people confuse what any particular preacher (or doctrine) says with what is "The Word". That's a slippery slope to go down IMHO. I'm a firm believer in soul liberty and take personal responsibility for my own learning. I'll listen to what anyone has to say, and am glad to discuss the same with all sincerity and seriousness, but in the end the decisions I make regarding my religious beliefs are my own, not what someone else tells me my beliefs should be.

streak

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

I like the idea of the free thinking inserts. Something to press me to how will this play out in my life. Otherwise I just seem to get lost in just reading the words and not to how it applies to what I should be doing.

Call 405-745-1302 or 1-888-262-7335 and ask for Brad. He will hook you up. Tell him Christina's husband sent ya.

Okay, you have sparked my interest but I really hate calling someone and not know at least what company/organization I am calling.

Latest posts

Top Bottom