BIble for Men/fathers/husbands suggestions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blinocac200sx

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That's the one my wife bought me as a wedding present. I really like it.

One thing I've done personally for studying the Bible, is gaining a knowledge of Ancient and Middle English and taking a look at the Old King James. It helps to understand the language the translators were speaking and where they were coming from. A good Bible Lexicon is also a great help.

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
I like the idea of the free thinking inserts. Something to press me to how will this play out in my life. Otherwise I just seem to get lost in just reading the words and not to how it applies to what I should be doing.

I wasn't saying don't get one with interspersed commentary, but that if I only had one Bible, it would be JUST the Bible. I am blessed enough to have many different Bibles in various translations, and with more or less commentary.

Just remember what EZ Bake said:

Whatever bible you get, understand that a lot of the commentary comes from one of only a few backgrounds. A lot of those get into theology that contradicts itself and so they explain away some of that in the commentary. True bible commentary is defined by scripture - not the other way around.

My recommendation:

http://www.cph.org/t-tlsb.aspx

Bold my emphasis.

Latest posts

Top Bottom