Hand Shakes on deals are gone?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Buck98

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
As I’ve stated before “All a Man has is his word, If that man’s word is no good , what good is the man”
I believe in standing by your words or a handshake. If anything changes at least be adult enough to let the other party know what happened. I dislike be ghosted!!!!!

Aku

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Anymore for big ticket items I require a written contract. Doesn't have to be formal, just something that everybody signs, and is dated.

jackary

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have never asked. I see the value being with the seller. I just never wanted to sell something if they changed their mind or kept it when they change their minds.
I agree to an extent but your time is worth something and we get a finite amount of it in our lives and don’t know when we will punch our tickets, so if someone is wasting your time to come kick tires or even worse telling you they want to meet to buy something from you then not showing up, that is precious time that you could have spent with loved ones or doing something productive or that you enjoy. I don’t have any patience for people wasting my time anymore, maybe I’m to cynical.

Firpo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That is irritating. My wife’s parents were selling their house and had received $10K in earnest money and they stopped showing the home. Three weeks later the buyers realtor came back with some sob-story and asked that “their” money be returned. I said “Aw hell no!” so they told the people no. They came back at them again once or twice begging for the money but they thankfully held their ground. If it had been a day later I’d have advised them to return the money if they felt that was the right thing to do but not after three weeks of having the home off the market. That ain’t right.

Latest posts

Top Bottom