Biden calls for gun control after Boulder shooting

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

_CY_

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
tjByKpZG.jpeg

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don't think you can lay a parents blame at the foot of the schools. If schools indoctrinate kids, it's because parents aren't involved enough with their kids to teach them character, integrity, and morals. It's an unpopular opinion, but it's absolutely the truth. Ironically, there are a lot of kids that get character, integrity, and morals from the schools for a lack of good parenting. How many coaches taught us all more than just the game?

...Or how many Drill Instructors?

_CY_

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So lemme get this straight, dude was on the FBI's radar, AND passed the FBI's background check? We don't have a gun problem. We don't have a mental health problem. We have an FBI problem.

nedDNdST.png

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
On the subject of democrats retaining power FOREVER: with one extreme comes the other. Following Trump comes extreme left, but with extreme left comes gun control. Most of the democrats I know own guns. If lawmakers start shoving gun laws down people’s throats, they will be alienating at least 20% of their base. And that’s info from 2017, before everybody started buying guns the past two years. I guarantee that number is higher now. From the same 2017 study, of the 70% of Americans who did not own a firearm, 36% are considering/are open to purchasing one in the future. If the current administration pushes hardline gun control they will lose their base and be pushed out of office. That’s just how it goes, and the beauty of our democracy.

chuter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Piedmont is having a school board seat election. I sent some questions to the two candidates and then to the entire board.

One of the candidates and I had a 30 minute phone conversation; we basically see eye to eye, but he said he wasn't aware of some of the things in my questions. He suggested I send them to the entire board.

One board member replied definitely 'no' to all my questions, two other board members replied the same but didn't seem as committed.
The other candidate has not yet replied.

Here is my letter to the entire board:

I recently contacted the candidates for the School Board seat with some questions; I received a reply from Zachary Myatt (I have not yet received a reply from Layne Jones) and he was kind enough to have an extended phone conversation in response to my questions.

He thought it might be a good idea for me to pose the same questions to the rest of the board, thinking it may inspire some thought, research, and conversations about topics that may not be considered in the normal course of board business.

I will list the 6 questions below and then provide my comments and links for further information and research.

Thank you for taking time to read and consider my questions and comments,

Sincerely,
xxx

1. Do you support teaching gender issues to students of any age in Piedmont Schools? This would include things like gender identity, changing their gender, hormone blockers, etc.

2. Do you support letting biological males compete in girls/women’s sports?

3. Do you support letting biological males enter girls/women’s restrooms and locker rooms in Piedmont Schools?

4. Do you support teaching or training Piedmont School faculty, staff, or students in critical race theory? This would include people being racist, privileged, or oppressed based on their skin color.

5. Do you support using any curriculum from Black Lives Matter in Piedmont Schools? This is available from https://www.blacklivesmatteratschool.com/, and is being included in some schools across the country.

6. Do you support using any information from The 1619 Project in Piedmont Schools? More information is available here: https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2019/08/14/magazine/1619-america-slavery.html

Further comments:

These concepts and practices are presented as a way to bring people together when in fact they create more separation and resentment. They create a world in which the individual is lost, and a person has value only in relation to the identity group or groups they belong to (black, white, male, female, gay, trans, etc.). The content of one's character no longer matters.

The words diversity, equity, and inclusion are words that sound innocuous but are twisted and used to stifle free speech and expression.

These ideas are creeping into schools (and other institutions) across the country. Some schools are having students as young as third grade write papers about their white privilege and oppression. If you dig down into the curriculum in blacklivesmatteratschool.com you can find lesson plans for second grade for teaching students to be political activists.

The Smithsonian National Museum of African American History and Culture came out with a list of whiteness traits, among them were logical thinking, scientific method, individualism and self-reliance, being on time, and hard work. This has been removed from their website after significant backlash, but these concepts are still woven into other areas of critical race theory and social justice.

It is my hope that these concepts do not take hold in Piedmont, and that we can push back against them across the county. People in other states are starting to rise to stop it.

Links for more information and further study.

https://newdiscourses.com/
A lot of good research on this site, podcasts, and YouTube channel run by James Lindsay regarding critical race theory and social justice and how it creeps in and destroys our values and institutions.

From the New Discourses YouTube channel, math is now racist. Getting the right answer is racist. This is creeping into schools.

https://www.youtube.com/c/GadSaad/videos
YouTube channel by author and professor Gad Saad; he speaks a lot about the woke cancel culture on university campuses and how it is suppressing free speech.

A YouTube video with Peter Bogosian, James Lindsay, and Michael O'Fallon, talking about the dangers of critical race theory.

ForsakenConservative

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
They never mention the “Cultural” violence in Chicago, 126 dead year-to-date....
How about Virginia Beach? Was a nice place late 80’s....more Demoncrat civil wokeness, I guess.
Check out Heyjackass.com, fun (aka ALARMING) crime stats there, my favorites include the Shot-In-The-Junk-o-meter and the Selfie-o-meter......

Latest posts

Top Bottom