1. Welcome to Oklahoma Shooters Association! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.
  2. All members receive 3 free listings a month. Get unlimited listings for just $10 a year! Click here for all the info.

Bifocal on top shooting glasses.

Discussion in 'Shooting Chat' started by Hangfire, Aug 16, 2020.

1. Shriner

Shriner Sharpshooter

Dillion sells bifocals top or bottom 1-3x shooting glasses

2. Hangfire

Hangfire Sharpshooter

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    Before mail ordering shooting glasses I thought I'd try some over the counter reading glasses to help clear up my sights after cataract surgery and it appears that I've solved my problem.

First off I learned, from trying several different brands at Wally World, CVS and Walgreens, all reading glasses are not created equal even when they are supposed to be the same power.....the cheaper glasses from WW made me dizzy when moving my head and the glasses from CVS and Walgreens just didn't get me where I needed to go so I had all but given up.

We were in Homeland getting our flu shots Oct. 27th and for the heck of it I thought I'd try on the brand that they carried......they are made by Precision Eyewear and were sticker priced at $17.99 and marked down to 50% off.

I purchased a pair of +1.25 and tried them at the range for the first time yesterday......the black 25 yd. steel gongs are just a tad fuzzy but my handgun sights are now clear and sharp which is how my sight picture was prior to my surgery so I'm happy.

For those having the same problem as me of not being able to see your sights clearly you may want to give them a try.

Last edited: Nov 6, 2020
    mouthpiece and bigred1 like this.
  3. druryj

druryj Super Moderator Staff Member

Moderator Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    I use www.readingglasses.com - fairly expensive but great quality, I've been ordering from them for years, on the recommendation of my eye doc.

You can also buy just the stick on magnification part from several sources online (google is your friend). Then get a pair of 1.00 and stick the thingee on wherever you want.

4. Mad Professor

Mad Professor Sharpshooter

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    I saw several of these in Scheels (Near Dallas) this weekend.

5. Droff

Droff Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    I've done this and it works pretty good, just need to know what magnification you need. Cleared the sights right up and I can see the target with the other eye.

6. rlongnt

rlongnt Sharpshooter

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    I have progressive no line bifocals and every single time I bring up shooting the Dr. looks at me like I'm crazy. Finally this year a new Dr. said he knows exactly what I'm talking about and he's seen this issue with LEOs before. My frames/lenses were too narrow. He suggested I get a pair that are 1/4 to 1/2 inch wider top-to-bottom so there could be more transition room on the lenses. Now I can see my sights and target fine. Before I was honestly shooting over them unaided since they didn't do any good. I'm not happy I need them but happy I have it squared away now. Best part is I can shoot red dots again without bloom/star effects.

7. Roadking Larry

Roadking Larry Sharpshooter

Supporter
    Secret bunker in an undisclosed location.
    I found low power reader/safety glasses on Amazon a while back. 10 years after LASIK my distance vision is still good but the near stuff has gotten worse over the years. I got some .5X lenses and they work a champ.