Big Green Egg Grill

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SDarkRage

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Looking for people that own or use a Big Green Egg Grill. Over the Fourth of July weekend while I was up in Kentucky, I visited a fancy-schmancy outdoor grill awesomeness shop. He was doing a demo of a couple of different grills that he had in stock and I got to play the Egg for a little bit. Was rather impressed with it, but would like to hear from owners about the good or the bad of the Egg. Thanks.

1shott

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Always wanted one, never have picked one up. They are expensive but from what I hear you can maintain 225 for 20 hours or so.....

rhodesbe

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I know three different guys, real fat guy guys, who are all great cooks & grillers.

Independently, they all have claimed the green eggs are the best platforms out there, no contest.

I'm not a good cook, but they have compelled me to think that the green thing lives up to the hype.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've never heard a negative review of them at all. Other than the price.

I also have a cookshack and I still I want one badly. I hear that there is no better steak to be had than one that comes off of the BGE.

SDarkRage

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I grill roughly twice a week and smoke once a week as well. Currently have a Cookshack smoker which I dearly love but am totally fascinated by the Green Egg. I grill on a rather nice commercial gas grill now. I love how easy it is to just fire it up and cook but when I played with the Egg, it was hot and ready in about 5 minutes to grill. The guy told me that its as easy to control the temp in the Egg for smoking and baking. Wish I could have stayed around a little longer because he was going to bake a pizza in the Egg a little later. I think I'm going to drop the money on one here after a while unless someone can convince me otherwise.

crazyfish

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
A guy I work with has used one. He said it was super easy to use. Smoked a pork butt for 14 hours and it held perfectly at 225 with no adjusting. And he raves about the steaks. I think you should sell me your cookshack and buy the BGE! :hithead:

Latest posts

Top Bottom