Big Green Egg Grill

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sooonerbob

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a Big Green Egg and love it. I have had it just over a year, have cooked steaks, baked potatoes, pizza, pork loin, ribs, corn on the cob, chili... all sorts of things on it, it is very versatile. I highly recommend one.

The place on N. May is called Everything BBQ, this is where I bought mine. They have been very helpful with any questions I have had.

http://everythingbbq.com/

C

Clay

If they don't get hot enough the steaks will suck. We've baked cookies on the traeger. It doesn't get hot enough for steak but I prefer gas steaks anyway.
Hu? I cook steaks all the time on the treager...best steaks ever. Make sure it out of the wind and it will get to or almost to 400 and your steak will cook fine. It does depend on winter or summer ambient temps and wind though. In winter I pull it into the garage and leave the overhead door open and It will get to 400-420. I did rib-eyes for new years dinner last year.
I do love my treager and cook on it often. Try a meatloaf in it sometime with hickory pellets.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I grill roughly twice a week and smoke once a week as well. Currently have a Cookshack smoker which I dearly love but am totally fascinated by the Green Egg. I grill on a rather nice commercial gas grill now. I love how easy it is to just fire it up and cook but when I played with the Egg, it was hot and ready in about 5 minutes to grill. The guy told me that its as easy to control the temp in the Egg for smoking and baking. Wish I could have stayed around a little longer because he was going to bake a pizza in the Egg a little later. I think I'm going to drop the money on one here after a while unless someone can convince me otherwise.

If you get one please post up how you like it after you've used it a few times. I have about the same exact setup as you and have been thinking about selling my gas grill for a BGE.

Brandi

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I just can't make myself buy any wood pellet grill/smoker. It feels wrong and I don't like being dependent on a commercial pellet or cake wood and whatever binder they use to use my equipment.

I have the Weber Summit Stainless for grilling or smoking but I also bought a Masterbuilt smoker that I can use any wood chip I want to use. It's digital and even has a remote control so you can monitor and change settings without having to go outside.

That being said I've never heard anything bad about the Big Green Egg except it's extremely heavy and a bear to move. I may get one if I ever decide to retire one of my current babies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom