Billboards proclaiming ‘Jesus is Muslim’ getting people upset

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Old Fart

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Billboards that are being displayed in parts of Ohio are certainly getting people talking. The large advertisements have been paid for by a local Muslim organization and say things like, “Jesus is Muslim,” and “Mohammed is in the Bible.” As WSYX ABC 6 reports, this has some people outraged and others defending the message.

The billboards are promoting Ask A Muslim, an organization that is, “dedicated to educating you about Islam, giving you a chance to hear about Islam from practicing Muslims.” Kenneth Tour, who became Muslim five years ago, spoke with WSYX. He said that the point of the billboards is to get people to learn about Islam, and that, “When we say Jesus is Muslim, someone who is Muslim, what that means is, someone who submits to God.”

The Columbus Dispatch spoke with Ashfaq Parker, whose organization, Why Islam, collaborates with Ask A Muslim. He told the paper, “There’s nothing wrong with having differences in terms of what to believe, and there’s nothing wrong with talking about them and getting know each other.” Judging by Ask a Muslim’s website, it appears their message is also directed toward those who practice Islam who might be dubious of the connection between their religion and Jesus Christ. In their, “Jesus was Muslim” section, they write, “…Muslims are Christians – if “Christian” means someone following the teachings of Christ, so by learning about Islam you are not disobeying Jesus.”

For complete article: http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/oddnews...s-muslim’-getting-people-upset-214308657.html

Jesus_Muslim.jpg

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well, it's their sign. Freedom of speech and all that.
I thought Jesus was Mexican. He has a little Mexican flag on the bumper of his truck.

DavidMcmillan

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
In a previous life, The company I worked with had a sales office in Miami, FL, and the manager was named Jesus Lopez. I would on often find a message on my desk, "Jesus called". That will pump your blood!

Cohiba

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Where's all the protesting and riots?? If any other religion or group of people says ANYTHING against or makes fun of Islamic belief...death to them. Funny how the Jews and Christians aren't protesting Islam making fun of them??!!

Is the billboard portraying discrimination??? No, you say??!!

So I can have a billboard making fun, questioning, or contradicting Islam and I'll have no problems...no riots, no death threats, no protesting,no RELIGIOUS/ISLAMIC TOLERANCE thrown back at me?? No discrimination lawsuits, no Islamic phobia or hater statements towards me.

Wow...I wonder, just wonder what woud happen and who's ass I'd have to kiss (and make up) and what classes I'd be sent to for intolerance and what group I'd have to apologize to..if I put up an Islamic "questioning" billboard...me, a white, Republican, Christian..??? Well really agnostic..but understand Judeo/Christian Philosophy.

Is their billboard discriminating. .ask yourself that. Don't just throw out free speach blindly! ! Would you be a "hater"..called on by the liberal public..if you had an Islamic billboard put up??

If you had an Islamic billboard up and a Muslim tore it down...is that okay or destruction of property?

If you tore down the Jesus/Christian billboard..are you a hater? Destruction of property? Not allowing Muslim' s free speach or a bigot?

In todays society. ..why do certain groups get away with anything under the "intolerance" flag and others who do the same are haters and just don't understand? ??

Lurker66

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Since Muhammad had the Koran revealed to him in y610AD, and Jesus was around about 34AD, was there really any way Jesus could have been a Muhammad following muslim?

Maybe Muhammad was a Christian? Oops. That prolly won't work.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Where's all the protesting and riots?? If any other religion or group of people says ANYTHING against or makes fun of Islamic belief...death to them. Funny how the Jews and Christians aren't protesting Islam making fun of them??!!

Is the billboard portraying discrimination??? No, you say??!!

So I can have a billboard making fun, questioning, or contradicting Islam and I'll have no problems...no riots, no death threats, no protesting,no RELIGIOUS/ISLAMIC TOLERANCE thrown back at me?? No discrimination lawsuits, no Islamic phobia or hater statements towards me.

Wow...I wonder, just wonder what woud happen and who's ass I'd have to kiss (and make up) and what classes I'd be sent to for intolerance and what group I'd have to apologize to..if I put up an Islamic "questioning" billboard...me, a white, Republican, Christian..??? Well really agnostic..but understand Judeo/Christian Philosophy.

Is their billboard discriminating. .ask yourself that. Don't just throw out free speach blindly! ! Would you be a "hater"..called on by the liberal public..if you had an Islamic billboard put up??

If you had an Islamic billboard up and a Muslim tore it down...is that okay or destruction of property?

If you tore down the Jesus/Christian billboard..are you a hater? Destruction of property? Not allowing Muslim' s free speach or a bigot?

In todays society. ..why do certain groups get away with anything under the "intolerance" flag and others who do the same are haters and just don't understand? ??

Here's my take - and we just had an interesting thread about another billboard that some folks didn't like, and that billboard had been vandalized as well-
As a Christian, I know this billboard isn't correct , at least in my scope of understanding. So what? It ain't my billboard, I don't pay the rent on it, and it's not affecting my life at all.
As for other "offensive" billboards, same deal - unless the sign is mine, or is on my property, I could care less what's put up. If other groups want to cry and whine and play the victim, well, that shows what they're made of, don't you think?

cjjtulsa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Here's my take - and we just had an interesting thread about another billboard that some folks didn't like, and that billboard had been vandalized as well-
As a Christian, I know this billboard isn't correct , at least in my scope of understanding. So what? It ain't my billboard, I don't pay the rent on it, and it's not affecting my life at all.
As for other "offensive" billboards, same deal - unless the sign is mine, or is on my property, I could care less what's put up. If other groups want to cry and whine and play the victim, well, that shows what they're made of, don't you think?

Jihad on you!!!! Allahu akbar!

Latest posts

Top Bottom