Bit by a dog on my morning run

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mugsy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Please remember that animal abuse is illegal and illegal activities are not allowed to be promoted here ... not even if it was meant as a bad joke ...

I think most people here fully support a rule eschewing any support for animal abuse. The problem is that I, and apparently others, have trouble understanding how discussing defending oneself against an attacking dog - and the possible legal angles of that - could be considered "animal abuse". Not really complaining just explaining from my point of view and trying to understand your intent.

TwoForFlinching

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think most people here fully support a rule eschewing any support for animal abuse. The problem is that I, and apparently others, have trouble understanding how discussing defending oneself against an attacking dog - and the possible legal angles of that - could be considered "animal abuse". Not really complaining just explaining from my point of view and trying to understand your intent.

Let it go bro... It was a post about feeding glass to an animal.

JB Books

Shooter Emeritus
Special Hen
Reaction score
We'll sue her for you.

I was 2.57 miles (by GPS watch) into a short 3 mile run this morning when a large dog came barking from the front of the house I was running past around to the side and bit me I the thigh/buttocks area. I was on the sidewalk and there was a vehicle immediately beside me, so I really had no way of creating distance between myself and the dog.

Just after this a woman came from the side of the house yelling at the dog to stop barking, wanting to let it into her back yard.

I told the some woman her dog had just bit me, to which the belligerent heifer responded with an indignant "oh, he did NOT!" As there was not one comment of concern or an offer to help clean the bleeding wound, I memorized the address of the house and headed home.

Once home I took pictures, called animal control, and cleaned the bite with a surgical antiseptic. Now I guess it's just waiting to see what happens when animal control checks on the dog.

As for the dog itself, it looked to be a Dane mix and stood a little over waist high on me (I'm about 6' 2").

Does anyone have any recommendations for some good OC spray or some jogging shorts (or similar) that can support a subcompact?

Latest posts

Top Bottom