Blackstone griddle....any suggestions?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

adamsredlines

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
These seem really cool, I got one for Christmas and can't wait to try it out when I get home.
Anybody with experience on these have any words of wisdom for me?
I ordered some stainless spatulas, will season it with olive oil and give it a go on new years.

Does anybody have the grill option? It seems you could swap the tops from griddle to grill and I could rid myself of a separate propane grill.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We have the 22” portable that goes with us in the RV. I love cooking on that thing. I recommend getting one of the aluminum domes to steam with. I’ll put a couple of eggs on it , squirt some water around them and cover with the dome, or just use a 12” foil pan. The eggs cook perfectly much quicker.
Seasoning for the first time is a pain, but once it’s seasoned nothing sticks.
I seasoned with canola oil, but any oil will work. Turned it on high, brushed on the oil and let it smoke. When it quits smoking brush on more oil. And repeat. After about 10 coats and a couple of hours it was seasoned and ready to cook on.
The squirt bottles of water and oil are must haves as well as a good flat edged scraper like in the top left of the griddle to clean the grill with. When done cooking, we squirt water on the smoking hot grill and use the scraper to move food bits, water and excess oil to the drip pan in the back.

96267c500a290821fbf4be25c0fd8e32.jpg

emapples

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
These seem really cool, I got one for Christmas and can't wait to try it out when I get home.
Anybody with experience on these have any words of wisdom for me?
I ordered some stainless spatulas, will season it with olive oil and give it a go on new years.

Does anybody have the grill option? It seems you could swap the tops from griddle to grill and I could rid myself of a separate propane grill.
I have a one that’s 3 foot long, it’s great except when it comes to cleaning it. I stopped using it because of the cleaning process unless I have a large group to cook for it never comes out anymore.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was just about to pull the trigger on the 36" before they all disappeared. Wish I woulda. On the BBQ forum I hang out on, a number of guys have them and are quite pleased. Wish I'd gotten the pizza oven, too.

emapples

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Is cleaning much different than electric griddle?
Get it hot, squirt some water on it and everything lifts right off...scrape it away and oil it down for storage?
Nope that’s exactly how you do it, it’s just a pain in the butt for me now. The boys are gone so I don’t cook but breakfasts anymore, get some egg rings I’d you get one makes a pretty egg (I goat mine at a restaurant supply store they keep your eggs tidy)

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Nope that’s exactly how you do it, it’s just a pain in the butt for me now. The boys are gone so I don’t cook but breakfasts anymore, get some egg rings I’d you get one makes a pretty egg (I goat mine at a restaurant supply store they keep your eggs tidy)
I've got a couple of the egg rings that are heart shaped. They do work well to keep the eggs contained so more can be put on the griddle.

Latest posts

Top Bottom