Blisters from shooting

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

okietom

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Paint the area of skin getting the blisters with clear fingernail polish. It makes a hard smooth surface and will keep it from getting worse. This works great breaking in new boots. It works best when you do it before the blister forms, when the skin is turning red from the friction. Second Skin does the same thing I think but I have never used it. I know the fingernail polish works.

Grumulkin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My Ruger Redhawk used to tear the skin off my thumb until I changed grips. My 444 Marlin Encore handgun will also tear the skin off my thumb without special precautions.

Happily, if you're only shooting it a little, your thumb will probably be OK. For longer range sessions, put a band aid or even masking tape over the area where your hand gets damaged; it works for me.

TSQUARE

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It was from recoil. During recoil the gun would move enough that the thumb safety digs into my joint. I shot it again with the advise of shooting with thumb on top of safety and that solved the issue.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

TSQUARE

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Sorry Jim, I thought you meant the blisters. It is essentially a striker fired weapon. The trigger is allot better than most striker fired weapons in my opinion.

Sent from my RM-927_nam_vzw_100 using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Top Bottom