BOB Supplies...Where to get them

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OKC9-12LEDR1

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
David, do they sell to non Mormon?

You can buy canned the dehydrated food without belonging to their church.
If you can put together a group of 5-6 people, you can reserve a spot to
do your own canning. I have done this several times. You give them a list of
the items you want to can and they have the bulk items ready. They supply
the cans, lids, labels, boxes and a couple of people to oversee your group.

Last time I talk to someone doing that, their supplies were getting low. Lots of
this going on around the country. Here is their info

Phone (405) 692-3883
11224 South Meridian
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma 73173

BallisticGuy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Summit is like a small REI. It's geared toward the mod to hi end camping/hiking/or survival use. Not going to really find long term food there. Thats where I buy my marmot jackets from. Good military discount

Mike_60

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Since the OP was asking specifically about BOB items I didn't bother mentioning long term food choices. I tried the Morman thing once asking if outsiders were allowed access, but frankly, they were a bit less than friendly to my asking, so I went another route. I guess I'll have to take a look at Summit sometime if someone will share where it is?

BTW OP, most of these places have lots of sales nearly all the time on some great gear. It isn't too difficult to put together some pretty good kit pretty fast and even reasonably priced (but not Walmart pricing). Make yourself a list of the items you need and start finding the kit that best matches the need to your available cash. Once you get it, take it for a spin, and see if it works for you. For instance, BallisticsGuy likes Marmot and they make great gear, but for me I prefer Patagonia. It isn't because I think they make better products than Marmot, personally, I believe the product lines are about the same in quality. It's simply that Patagonia styles seems to fit me better.

But clothing aside, it is that same way with nearly everything you buy. Once you get it, and play with it, you'll know if it is for you or not. One more piece of advice, don't get caught up in some keyboard commando's BS that you need the latest forum fad cr@p, because you don't. Buy the best you can afford that will last, and what works for you, making sure it all works well together as a complete package.

Latest posts

Top Bottom