Body Armor

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wild Weasel

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
having a discussion today with the guys and it came up of wearing body armor while carrying a firearm. the discussion ended with you can wear it but can not pull your firearm while wearing body armor at the same time. How does the law read about this matter?

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
TITLE 21 § 1289.26 USE OF BODY ARMOR
Any person who commits or attempts to commit a felony while wearing body armor as defined in Section 1289.19 of this title, in addition to the penalty provided by statute for the felony committed or attempted, upon conviction shall be guilty of a felony for wearing such body armor, which shall be a separate offense from the felony committed or attempted, and shall be punishable by imprisonment in the State Penitentiary for a period of not more than ten (10) years for the first offense, and for a period of not more than twenty (20) years for any second or subsequent offense.

tulsanewb

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I wonder what the thinking was behind that law? Who the heck would pursue something like that?

Makes sense to me. Just like using a gun while committing a crime increases a sentence, so should wearing body armor to make it harder for someone to defend themselves or police to apprehend you. I like the law; doesn't penalize law abiding citizens, but gives the state a way to penalize those who use it for crimes.

Mr10mm

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Note to self: don't rob liquor store while wearing body armor.
Actually I don't think a criminal cares or is thinking hey I better not wear my armor today since I'm going to rob this bank etc.

Gabriel42

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
TITLE 21 § 1289.26 USE OF BODY ARMOR
Any person who commits or attempts to commit a felony while wearing body armor as defined in Section 1289.19 of this title, in addition to the penalty provided by statute for the felony committed or attempted, upon conviction shall be guilty of a felony for wearing such body armor, which shall be a separate offense from the felony committed or attempted, and shall be punishable by imprisonment in the State Penitentiary for a period of not more than ten (10) years for the first offense, and for a period of not more than twenty (20) years for any second or subsequent offense.

Wonder if any cops have been charged with this?

Wild Weasel

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ok so if you are wearing body armor and you have a handgun license and you have to use your firearm to defend your self is it against the law for you to use your firearm while wearing the armor in this scenario? (Not while you are committing a crime of course.)

Wild Weasel

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I guess I am wanting a more black and white answer, I was told its illegal to wear body armor and use my handgun in self defense even though I hold a handgun license. I am wanting to win or loose a argument with the information. Not planning on wearing armor anytime soon, it's itchy, and really not looking for a gun fight cause it stings when you get shot.

Latest posts

Top Bottom