Body Armor

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SeanO

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Makes sense to me. Just like using a gun while committing a crime increases a sentence, so should wearing body armor to make it harder for someone to defend themselves or police to apprehend you. I like the law; doesn't penalize law abiding citizens, but gives the state a way to penalize those who use it for crimes.

Giving out harsher sentences for the use of a firearm(or body armor) during a crime is demonizing the firearm. What's make a bank robbery with a gun so much worse than robbing a bank with a lead pipe or knife that it requires an extra 10years on your sentence?

Bank robbery is bank robbery doesn't matter what tools you use.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It's pretty clear....the law is silent in regards to body armor unless you are wearing it when you commit a felony upon conviction for said felony.

So no, IMHO, it's not illegal to defend yourself when wearing body armor because it is not illegal to wear body armor and you aren't committing a felony.

Simple argument to win. Have them provide the statute that supports their claim to the contrary.

Wolf44

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The better answer is - What the "system" et al determine on the day of the event. And then in a CoLaw.

If you want Black and White - you need to find another venue as attorneys and the system determine / make the interpretations

Pictures and image can help and hurt anyones defense.

Last edited:

SpiritualGuns

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Are you committing a crime by wearing body armor? -No
Are you committing a crime with this justified shooting? -No

Then how is it that if neither one is a crime, when combined equal a crime?

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don't understand why it would be illegal for a law abiding citizen to wear body armor. Why is it okay for cops and not for us? But from what I get out of the statue is that it is only illegal while committing a crime. Sonia I want to protect myself from a gunshot I should be able to do so while carrying my pistol.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So Tyrone Jenkins, TPD, charged with drug trafficking, committing felony with a gun....no charges about BP vest? Is that not body armor?

Latest posts

Top Bottom