Body found in a duffle bag in Bethany

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HMFIC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
we can't be sure yet that Cody Perez is involved, it is possible he has fallen to an ill fate as well.

True, from what I remember reading the different news accounts, they are trying to say that she was seen with some 40 year old man in a blinged out tahoe. Pair that up with other accounts of the Perez and her possibly being involved and threats concerning a boyfriend, etc.... and the specualtion out there is that Perez and her might have been both targeted.

Either way, Perez doesn't seem like the kind of person that's good to hang out with, but I'm not sure they're thinking he did it.

Tragic in that a girl lost her life and in a horrific manner. Further tragic in that it appears she was not surrounding herself with model citizens.

elwoodtrix

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
a memorial has been set up at the location and I drive by there 10 times a day, I get a lump in my throat everytime... I have a daughter that graduates this year and this hits really close to home... no matter what she did and who she hung out with, NO ONE deserves to go this way. Sorry if I, uh, pissed some folks off the other day... this just sucks and Carina needs justice.
I'm praying so hard that she didn't suffer.

Biggsly

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
a memorial has been set up at the location and I drive by there 10 times a day, I get a lump in my throat everytime... I have a daughter that graduates this year and this hits really close to home... no matter what she did and who she hung out with, NO ONE deserves to go this way. Sorry if I, uh, pissed some folks off the other day... this just sucks and Carina needs justice.
I agree. I am lucky. I have raised my kids to talk to me about everything. I still worry about them getting into the wrong crowd. It helps that I have a brother that served 10 years in prison. They have heard first hand where gang banging gets you. It is real easy for kids to get sucked in. All you can do is be open with your kids. My youngest was 13 when he came home and told me that he was offered pot after school. I have friends who will tell you that there 18 year old has never seen, or been around any drugs. I think if your kid is still telling you at 18, that he has never seen drugs. You are living in a dream world. My brother started gang banging at 14. He went to prison at 18. He has now found God and has changed his life. When I seen the pics of the kid with all of the tats, it made me think of my brother. He gets judged all the time, until people get to know him. He will tell you that he was lucky. Alot of the kids end up dead.

HMFIC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

That does make it hit close to home for sure. I don't even want to imagine what it will be like when my daughters get to be that age. I'll be confident that I've raised them right and exposed them to all the best and given them all the cautionary advice, etc... but I'm sure there will be a few times when I'm going to have to talk to some young men and let them know they are not to make their presence known ever again.

Hope the authorities figure this one out soon. What I don't get is if they knew she had been missing already, howcome they haven't already searched all of her txts, calls, etc... and sorted it out. There has to be a trail a mile wide on this one.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Well, I can only speak for me and I wasn't pissed at you. Everyone deals with stuff differently. I didn't have any daughters but I know how I'd feel if I lost one of my boys violently. I have a son who leads a very precarious lifestyle. Every time the phone rings I'm afraid it's some medical examiner to tell me he's gone.

Still, at some point in time, it's important to note that certain lifestyle choices are dangerous. Not everyone is as lucky as I was. Unfortunately for this little girl, she didn't get the chance to realize how foolish she was being. I would not wish what happened to her off on my worst enemy.

But that won't stop me from cracking a crass joke or two, especially when it was not about her specifically.

Billybob

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Did anyone else catch this, ‘Juggalo’ Culture May Be At Center Of Bethany Murder, it was originally on channel 6, (http://www.newson6.com/story/15736256/juggalo-culture-may-be-at-center-of-bethany-murder) but has been removed. If nothing else the statements of Howard Kurtz make some sense.

[BETHANY, Oklahoma - Cody Perez, a person of interest in the Carina Saunders murder, has a lengthy criminal record and is a self professed “Juggalo.” Juggalos are followers of the Detroit-based rap group Insane Clown Posse ( ICP), known for violent lyrics.

Saunders has no known connections to the band, but Perez does not hide his affiliations. ICP performs songs like “I Stab People,” “Suicide Hotline” and “Another Love Song.” Their fans have been accused of acting out the violent lyrics.

“I could love you and treat you with class and have babies falling all out your a**, but thinking about that I feel I’d rather kill you,” are the lyrics from “Another Love Song.”

10/19/11 Related Story: ICP: A Band With It’s Own Sub-Culture

Criminologist Howard Kurtz says the person who dismembered Carina Saunders’ 19-year-old body wants attention.

“It’s not usual that a person is dismembered. And when they are, it’s usually because they are trying to hide the body, not where it could be easily found,” Kurtz said. “It’s possible they did it to scare people.”

Saunders’ body was found Thursday behind the Homeland grocery store in Bethany. She was stuffed into a duffel bag.

Perez may be on the run, but on his Facebook page, the repeat offender writes I’m a muthaf**** Juggalo and have a little Juggalo in training and two more on the way.”

Is the band to blame?

“The kids that show up to the concerts they think of it as something much more than entertainment, so there is a great danger to that,” Kurtz said.

Juggalos claim they aren’t a gang, but a family.

“We have a lot of youth that are adrift in our society. They are looking for meaning and trying to connect with something,” Kurtz said.

Saunders’ Facebook pictures talk of the end being near and although police won’t say how she is connected to Perez, Kurtz says the pictures are alarming.

http://juggaloholocaust.wordpress.com/

inactive

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
http://www.news9.com/story/16362860/court-documents-reveal-witness-to-bethany-teens-murder

Arrest Warrant Issued For Murder Of Bethany Teen Carina Saunders

BETHANY, Oklahoma -

New court documents have revealed a woman was forced to watch a group of people torture and kill 19-year-old Carina Saunders.

Saunders' dismembered body was found in October stuffed in a duffel bag behind a Bethany grocery store. During the investigation, police learned there may have been a witness to her murder. They managed to locate the woman who told them on the night of October 9, she was standing on the street outside of a northwest Oklahoma City house when a man drove up in a vehicle, opened the door, and forced her inside.

The woman said a man blindfolded her with a dark handkerchief and drove her to an unknown location. She told police she was taken to a room and forced to watch the torture of a woman. She said she didn't know who the victim was until the woman was later identified on the news as Carina Saunders.

The woman said the people who tortured Saunders later told her to tell her associates that "this is what happens to people who don't cooperate." The woman was released. She later called friends to come and pick her up.

(more in the story linked)

. . .

This is really creepy, even for me...

Latest posts

Top Bottom