Bow and a Bobcat!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thaHooligan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ive been lookin for a taxidermist and I came across this website coyotecreektaxidermy.com a guy named Josh Hughes. It looks like hes done quite a few different animals and several bobcats and his price is a little lower than most of the others Ive looked at. He is in Mounds, OK which I think is up near the Tulsa/Muskogee area and Im down near Lawton. I gave him a call and he seems like a nice guy and it just so happens that he is making a round through Lawton on Friday to pick up some other animals, so I plan on meeting up with him to drop off the bobcat. It will be about 4-5 months before he is done with it, and I already cant wait! lol. Ive never even had any of the deer mounted that Ive shot over the years, but taking this bobcat with my bow and getting a full mount done to it has me pretty damn pumped!
:mosh:

Anyone else have any experience with this taxidermist?

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Bob Rowe from Stillwater did mine. Shot with a .45ACP 1911.

img.photobucket.com_albums_v252_dennishoddy_DSC00491.jpg

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
You should be super pumped!! Congrats again, we'll be waiting to see it. You already decided on the scenery and how it's going to lay/stand/creep?

thaHooligan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
he said when he starts on it and takes a look at it we can decide from there what forms would work best. right now im leaning towards it lookin like its creepin through the weeds with mouth open in attack mode. not at a full stand and not all the way squattin down, but somewhere in between if that makes sense.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Reaction score
he said when he starts on it and takes a look at it we can decide from there what forms would work best. right now im leaning towards it lookin like its creepin through the weeds with mouth open in attack mode. not at a full stand and not all the way squattin down, but somewhere in between if that makes sense.

Happened across this pic tonight

i1085.photobucket.com_albums_j434_btenn1_bobcatbird.jpg

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Reaction score
The gun store in Enid has a couple of 20+ pounders on top of each other, mouths open, ears back, fighting it out in a table top scene with leaves and dry grass that looks pretty good. Pricy I'm sure.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Best bobcat mount I've ever seen was one where the cat was walking across a big log with a 10" knot hole in the side. Inside the knot hole there were three quail in a covey with grass around them. The cat was posed as if it had just spotted/smelled them. Impressive mount.

Latest posts

Top Bottom