Bowfishing??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Never have, but thought it would be a lot of fun. The local bow club used to have a bowfishing shoot every spring, and there were hundreds of carp brought in. I don't know if they still do that.

RedTape

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'd love to try it when the weather gets a little warmer. Got to get a bowfishing kit though....actually I should probably get a new bow for it as well haha.

J.T.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have done a bit of bowfishing, my buddies and I would take turns when we were fishing. One guy on the trolling motor of the boat fishing out in front and the guy with the bow in the back scanning for carp and gar. Seems like we had our best trips at Arbuckle, shot some monster carp and lots of little gar out of there. The bow we shot was the Browning Barracuda that comes with all of the gear needed. My shoulder can't do it anymore(throwing BP to little leaguers) but still have the rig.

bigcountryok

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yep. I've done a bit of it. My buddy and I shoot a few tournaments and jackpots here and there. We're behind the curve this year. The boat needs a bit of work and we haven't even been on the water yet. We ussually start in late Jan early Feb.

In about two weeks the buffalo should start spawning. We do most of our shooting at night over lights.

Where are you heading?

imhntn

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have done it. It is a lot of fun. I have only shot gar and carp. My brother has gone down in Texas somewhere the last couple years and shoots talapia. They bring back a bunch and they are great eating. I am planning on going with him this year.

MarcusR

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a rig but have never got a shot off at a fish. I did take it to a pond full of Bull Frogs last summer and out of 10 shots hit one. It was a good time but tuff to hit just a pair of eyes looking threw the moss.

jjason

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
got the boat out over the weekend and its ready to go....we also shoot at night mainly i have 10 halogens on a light bar and it works great.. need to upgrade the troller because its not quite big enough for boat ..so anybody looking for a new trolling motor ill make a deal on a 72lb motorguide hand steer...

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
got the boat out over the weekend and its ready to go....we also shoot at night mainly i have 10 halogens on a light bar and it works great.. need to upgrade the troller because its not quite big enough for boat ..so anybody looking for a new trolling motor ill make a deal on a 72lb motorguide hand steer...

HMMM that would sure make my canoe scoot across the water.:naughty:

Latest posts

Top Bottom