Bowfishing??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bullbuster

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Been wanting to get back into it. Been years sense I last done it. I just got a new boat that will allow it much better. Draper is the closest to me that allows it so I'll have to check it out here soon.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yeah I think that one went 26lb.

I talked to some of the fisheries guys at Kaw and they said the Grass Carp are pretty tasty???
I tried buffalo one time and did it by the book. It was like eating a handfull of river mud.
I have the stomach of a possum, so I"m always game for anything.
Buddy has a pond that he has grass carp in it. He was told when they get too big to shoot them, and I might try one of them to check it out.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yeah, I heard one little fish buried at the base of each tomato plant makes for GREAT fruit output.

It actually works really well. I've used sand bass and crappie waste after cleaning them under a tomato plant and they really did good. You just have to remember dogs can smell that under the ground and will dig up the plants.

If you want to start a fight at the boat ramp, go to a bass tourny, and tell them the ones you catch in the 3-4 lb range are the best to plant around your tomato's as they have the highest nutition value for plants.:eek2:
Those guys just didn't understand my sense of humor I guess:D:D

OSU Bowhunter

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I used to go quite a bit but my dad's buddy sold his boat and I was broke one semester so I sold my gear for dirt cheap at a pawn shop. I wish I wouldnt have because I really enjoyed the sport, but I'm sure I'll pick up some more gear before too long.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I used to shoot the hell out of them. My biggest was a long nose gar on the Verdegris below Oologah dam, 27 pounder. With the fast current he damned near yanked me out of the boat.

Lost the urge years ago and sold off most of my gear. I think I still have a dozen or so arrows around here somewhere. I should dig them up and post them for sale.

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I shot a large cardboard box several times today. It tried to blow away a couple of times. I purchased a used bow fishing package a little over a week ago and am trying to learn shooting without sights.

J.T.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Okbassin, you might be doing more harm than good for your instinctive shooting at fish. I had a heck of a time getting used to the refraction when shooting into water, seems like when you think you are aiming way too low you need to aim about 6 inches lower. Good Luck!

jimmy morris

New to the site!
Reaction score
I have made several trips bowfishing since moving to Edmond. Arcadia lake is full of huge carp and the guy that posted to aim about 6" low was spot-on! I have been shooting carp since the ripe old age of 10 and am now 37 and think it rates right up with Spring Turkey hunting. Good dirty fun! Jimmy

Latest posts

Top Bottom