Bowling pin shoot

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

davek

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've always want to try this, looks like fun. I see it's single elimination and irons and optics are in the same class. Are there any magazine capacity/limits? I couldn't find any details about the rules.

CutBaitNBlowSh*tUp4ALivin

I like rimfire and rimfire accessories. Yup. Mmhmm
Special Hen
Reaction score
Bowling pins are my favorite kinds of matches. If you're running 9mm, it better be some hot loads. 40 works well, 45 runs good too, but usually more reloads unless you're good at it. The ones I've been to have been no limits, it's pistol or PCC. PCC guys can run 50 round Glock mags if they want. Pistol guys usually have to reload a bit more. You can watch some of the now-discontinued bowling pin matches on YouTube that were filmed in Shawnee. The types of guns run are eye opening.
@davek , hope this helps some.

Edit to add:
9mm will knock a bowling pin over every time, but on its back doesn't count. Pins have to hit the floor. Sometimes that can take several hits of 9mm. 40/45/10 usually sends them tumbling instead of knocking them over.

This video from 2018 is a good chunk of an indoor match.
You'll recognize several OSA members.

Justplinkaboutit recorded a few of the OKCGC matches too.

Here's the video from 3/30/24 at OKCGC

thor447

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That looks like a ton of fun. I'd love to bring a 10mm to a bowling pin shoot one of these days, but dang that'll get expensive on the ammo!

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I had the opportunity to knock pins off a table years ago and that is when I began loading heavy lead bullets for my 45.
250 and 300 gr.

AKmoose

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
IIRC the one at BDC the plywood was a bit wider making it harder to get the pins off the table, not near as many reloads at these.
Seems like you need a dot sight to really do good, although the one in March I made it 4 rounds with irons, not so good in June though. The 22 is a blast with only shooting the top 3" of the pin, and they go FLYING!

Latest posts

Top Bottom