Boy Scout Troop

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jefpainthorse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
And I'm dang glad they do. But only on adults who volunteer or who have contact with the boys.

BSA was the first youth organization to deal with this instead of sweeping in under the rug and acting like it didn't happen.

Thanks... I guess I was not lucid... volunteers or in contact gets a background check

OicnaiC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I loved scouts. I got fed up with how thing were being run and handled in my troop so I quit as a life scout. Should have sucked it up and finished Eagle.
When my wife was pregnant and we found out we were having a girl my only complaint was "damn, she can't be in boy scouts"

Zombie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I loved scouts. I got fed up with how thing were being run and handled in my troop so I quit as a life scout. Should have sucked it up and finished Eagle.
When my wife was pregnant and we found out we were having a girl my only complaint was "damn, she can't be in boy scouts"

nope but she can be in girl scouts...better than nothing...

OicnaiC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
nope but she can be in girl scouts...better than nothing...

There are the Venture Scouts as well, basically coed boy scouts. I went to a couple of their meetings when I was in scouts and was less than impressed. Might look into it more when she's older still. Camping, hiking, shooting, knots, knives and fire are important things to know and be familiar with.

Latest posts

Top Bottom