Brass vs. Steel Cased Ammo – An Epic Torture Test

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You will be surprised what you can pack on a motorcycle.
I was challenged to ride my V65 all year to work at FAA.
No problem.
Ice, rain, sleet, snow, heat, good weather. No problem.
I would head to Webbers Falls with my buddy for a 2 night stay many times on the bike.
Big ice chest on the back. Tackle box on the side Tent on the front fender. fishing poles down the side and his military duffel bag on his lap.
I would lean against the duffel bag and prop my feet on the radiator and he would lean against the backrest and put his feet on the front pegs.
80+ down the highway and comfy.
36 MPG it was a cheap fishing trip.

Heat of the summer we would soak our heads and t shirts in water then strap on the helmets and leather jackets.
Unzip the sleeve openings and air would rush in and cool you like a swamp cooler.
Usually good for about 45 miles when it was 100+ outside .. then soak down again.

I towed my 17 foot canoe with it one time ..and it was on a trailer made from a chevy S10.
1 Time.. that long trailer sucked behind a motorcycle.

I have propane cooker also and I would be up for a cook out.

bigred1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Aw Shucks, (dragging toe of boot in the dust while looking down) you fellers don't want an old decrepit broke down, wheezing retired guy spoiling your weekend. :hey3:
Trust me your more than welcome and I don't think you could be anymore broke down than I am. But as long as I'm above ground I'm gonna get it on!

Last edited:

bigred1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Lexington is great as far as the shooting benches and cover. They have a 2 100 yard ranges with target points down too 25 and and a pistol range. Red clay so wear your boots @bigred1 , house slippers ain't gonna cut it!! On occasion you run into safety issues with the shooters but that is rare. Lock in the Game rangers phone number and they do respond!!
Zachery Paulk Purcell (405) 850-9757 Chad Strang Moore (405) 323-7863. Have met Zach and he is a good dude!!

Some of the low lifes will leave trash but most police the area and take more than they bring !!
Got both Warden's numbers in my phone. Thanks

Latest posts

Top Bottom