BravoCo Uppers in stock

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PBramble

Let's Eat
Special Hen
Reaction score
So the only "fact" you've posted so far is the "fact" that you posted an opinion with no facts earlier in this thread?

Keep in mind - only one person in this thread is stating X is as good / not as good / the same as Y and that person has yet to post a single fact backing up said statement. Maybe that person should feel free to inform everyone (using something other than incorrect data and an opinion).
LMAO, stick to knives. You obviously know more about them. Fact....

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'll agree with this, but the fact remains that ARs are lego guns. They all use the same parts. Sure there are a few variations of those parts, but they are all the same. If they fire every time the trigger is pulled, then they all do the same job. No better or worse than another. Even LaRue has problems sometimes, but everyone regards him as "The Goto Man" on ARs.

If you don't think the extra $$$ are worth the shot peened bolt BCGs, magnetic particle inspection, high pressure testing, 4150 CMV barrel steel, chrome plated chambers and barrels that you get with BCM, Larue, DD, Sabre, Noveske and others then that's fine. But just because it's not worth it to you personally in no way proves that your DPMS is just as good. It only proves that it is according to your own criteria. Fact....

MrShooter

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
If you don't think the extra $$$ are worth the shot peened bolt BCGs, magnetic particle inspection, high pressure testing, 4150 CMV barrel steel, chrome plated chambers and barrels that you get with BCM, Larue, DD, Sabre, Noveske and others then that's fine. But just because it's not worth it to you personally in no way proves that your DPMS is just as good. It only proves that it is according to your own criteria. Fact....

Perfectly stated shadowrider. +1

redneckgearhead

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Have these extra processes proven beneficial? Have the cheaper alternatives failed because of not having these features and processes done to them? I don't mind spending money where it brings value to any product I'm purchasing. Do these "name brand" parts add resale value to the ar? Add reliability?

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Have these extra processes proven beneficial? Have the cheaper alternatives failed because of not having these features and processes done to them? I don't mind spending money where it brings value to any product I'm purchasing. Do these "name brand" parts add resale value to the ar? Add reliability?

Have these extra processes proven beneficial?

Absolutely, that has been long established.

Have the cheaper alternatives failed because of not having these features and processes done to them?

I have no doubt that they have. See below.

Do these "name brand" parts add resale value to the ar?

The cult following of the Colt 6920 proves that it does.

Add reliability?

It's all relative to your intended use. If you are like most people and shoot 400 rounds a year, your budget "big box store AR" or budget built franken gun will serve you just fine. If you shoot 1000 rounds a month like some of my friends do or if you are a serious "trainer" and take carbine classes shooting 2K rounds in a weekend several times a year, then that "budget AR" will likely go down at some point. It might not, but if you are using it that hard it's only a matter of time until you find out just exactly what it will do.

ASP785

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This thread is fun. I'll add my experience.

I bought a DPMS A2 style upper several years back. After 50 rounds, 2 of the gas rings had broken. No big deal, replace gas rings. After another 200 rounds, the bolt cracked at the lug. Clearly a defective bolt that would have been caught had it been MP inspected. In goes a spare BCM and no problems experienced after that. I can't say that 1 experience means DPMS is junk. Thats not my opinion at all. It is just that in manufacturing, defects happen. Which is why companies inspect their bolts and barrels using NDT techniques.

Undeterred, I bought a DPMS 24" heavy barrel in 308. I never got a lot of rounds through it, but it never had a problem and could hold 3/4 moa groups all day long with 168 SMK handloads. I traded that rifle in and built another DPMS pattern 308 rifle. It's on its 3rd barrel. The 2nd barrel I sold to a member on here, because I didn't like the length. It didnt get very many rounds through it. The 3rd one is still in the break in stage. The gun has 3200 rounds through it including the original barrel with the original bolt. I haven't had any problems with it. In fairness, I used a stainless bolt catch screw and an upgraded bolt release, because I had heard these parts were prone to breakage.

I can also tell you that having a DPMS LPK side by side next to a DD LPK, there is also a very real difference in quality. I can say one is better than the other, but I haven't had any of these parts give up the ghost on me yet in either kit, so better is relative.

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
LMAO, stick to knives. You obviously know more about them. Fact....

Adding the word "Fact" to the end of drivel with no point doesn't make a single person on this board take you more seriously.

The OP posted a deal - you chose to attempt to derail this thread and make statements like "They're all the same" and "just as good" so the burden of proof is on you to back up what you're saying - we weren't even getting into that.

You are basically flinging poo without wanting to converse, and it doesn't seem to matter that you are wrong, that you have no evidence to support what you're saying, or that there is a mountain of data out there detailing the opposite of what you're saying. That is trolling.

I typically avoid posting anything to show the differences in ARs because of the obvious butt-hurt that comes with it, but ShadowRider hit the nail on the head.

Keep in mind that nobody has said your brand of AR is inferior or that one particular brand is "Better" - you said "same" and "just as good". Things like manufacturing processes being controlled in a smaller shop and using more expensive processes and materials make a product more expensive - that is a fact. "Better" or "Just as good" are subjective but "the same" is stating a fact and it's 100% incorrect.

So justifying the price isn't saying "mine is better than yours" and there's no reason to jump into threads where nobody has asked your opinion to tell us why we're all fools for paying higher prices for a quality product with a proven track record.

Feel free to post a single thing about how all ARs are the same and prove those who know differently wrong.

Peace_Maker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm pissed that our military spends money on Colt, FN, LMT, KAC, and other "expensive" AR's when according to pbramble $400 Deltons and DPMS rifles are "Just as good" and "use the same parts" What a waste of money.