BREAKING NEWS: ATF just dropped a bomb. No more shouldering braces, AR pistols etc..

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Super Dave

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You win.....Mods please lock this thread......

Why? What's wrong with a little open conversation? The brace is still legal to buy, use, own, and install. Just not in the way 99% of the people that own them use them.

I am going to suck it up and get the stamp. I have two pistols currently. Probably keep one a pistol, should I decide to want to go visit my Texan or Arizona people with a short AR. I only shoot one at a time anyway.

I will definitely make a bump fire stock for it when I do, to install when I am feeling saucy. Post tax stamp, naturally.

Gotta call Dustin about making a trust.

Ball sack! Oh well. For those interested, here is some reading material:

http://blog.princelaw.com/2015/01/1...o-atfs-unstable-determinations/#comment-21194

Surveyor1653

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Why? What's wrong with a little open conversation? The brace is still legal to buy, use, own, and install. Just not in the way 99% of the people that own them use them.

I am going to suck it up and get the stamp. I have two pistols currently. Probably keep one a pistol, should I decide to want to go visit my Texan or Arizona people with a short AR. I only shoot one at a time anyway.

I will definitely make a bump fire stock for it when I do, to install when I am feeling saucy. Post tax stamp, naturally.

Gotta call Dustin about making a trust.

Ball sack! Oh well. For those interested, here is some reading material:

http://blog.princelaw.com/2015/01/1...o-atfs-unstable-determinations/#comment-21194

The article (and at least one other I've seen) illustrate it very well. The handwringing on our side over this has gotten to the ridiculous level. By the logic in that latest opinion by ATF, anything can be potentially "redesigned" based on its use because after all: It's a "HANDgun" not a "HANDSgun". Congrats, we're all carrying AOWs now.

Super Dave

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The article (and at least one other I've seen) illustrate it very well. The handwringing on our side over this has gotten to the ridiculous level. By the logic in that latest opinion by ATF, anything can be potentially "redesigned" based on its use because after all: It's a "HANDgun" not a "HANDSgun". Congrats, we're all carrying AOWs now.

I left a few comments on their page that are awaiting moderation before they post, one of which being a reply to some one else's comment, which was:

I’d like to see a picture of BATF agents practicing at the range. Surely they all ONLY shoot single handed.

HiredHand

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I left a few comments on their page that are awaiting moderation before they post, one of which being a reply to some one else's comment, which was:

I’d like to see a picture of BATF agents practicing at the range. Surely they all ONLY shoot single handed.

I'm bet they use two hands on their machine guns and SBRs.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I really wish we could do a "managed letter blitz" campaign from all over the country asking all the questions that this latest letter brings forth (SBR, pistol tube, two handed shooting of a handgun, and I'm sure we could think up more). Hit them with 1000's of opinion requests a day and it would change things. If they go one way their action would piss everybody off and we could likely get the whole NFA repealed, the other we get them to cave.

Last edited:

Super Dave

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm bet they use two hands on their machine guns and SBRs.

Sure, and there's nothing wrong with that. I am referring to the NFA definition of handgun. It was "designed" to be fired with one hand. BY THEIR OWN WORDS they are creating an AOW when they "redesign" their handguns to be fired with two hands, by using two hands.

Latest posts

Top Bottom