Breaking News: Sources say NRA won't oppose background check deal

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Raoul Duke

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Somewhere in the stillborn state of Sequoyah
Sources: NRA won't oppose background check deal – if Democrats cede tough records fight

Senators negotiating a bill mandating background checks for all gun buyers are privately expecting the National Rifle Association not to fight the measure -- provided the legislation does not require private gun sellers to maintain records of the checks, NBC News has learned.

If that requirement is met and key Republican negotiator Sen. Tom Coburn of Oklahoma signs on, the powerful gun lobby has signaled to lawmakers that they would not actively oppose the bill -- and not count votes in favor of it as part of its highly influential NRA lawmaker ratings -- according to Senate aides familiar with the stalled negotiations.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
-- provided the legislation does not require private gun sellers to maintain records of the checks, NBC News has learned.

Not that I trust NBC news...but if this story turns out to be true and the NRA sells us out, they will never see another dime of my money.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Are these the same "sources" that said Coburn and Schumer were very close to a deal on UBC? And it's from the same network that airs audio and video edited to slant stories (and adds rocket motors to blow up GM pickups and...), to boot. I call BS on this.

It is, as expected, NBC's usual bang-up job of "journalism"--it's complete horsepuckey.
http://www.nraila.org/news-issues/n...at-nra-wont-oppose-background-check-bill.aspx

Latest posts

Top Bottom