Buds gun shop

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lurkerinthewoods

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Supporter
Reaction score
I bought a RIA 1911 last year and used the Echeck option to save the CC fee. They pulled the money out of my account the next day but shipped it almost 2 weeks later. When I called, they rambled some crap about not having access to the money for 7 to 10 days. I called my bank and they said that was incorrect. I won't order from them again.

ASP785

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My experience with Buds wasn't bad, it just wasn't exceptional either. I paid by CC and it took over their stated 7 business days to ship the firearms. I can imagine that they loose quite a bit of business from long wait times. Most people are pretty impatient. I would deal with them again if they offer an exceptional price on something.

Sanford

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I bought a RIA 1911 last year and used the Echeck option to save the CC fee. They pulled the money out of my account the next day but shipped it almost 2 weeks later. When I called, they rambled some crap about not having access to the money for 7 to 10 days. I called my bank and they said that was incorrect. I won't order from them again.

Not Bud's, but I've had the same runaround in reverse - a payment that was sent to but not credited to my account for nearly a week. Checked with the sending bank "it was sent this morning" and my own financial institution "haven't received it yet" who said it was normal for electronic transactions to post to ledger but not be credited and available to the account holder for a week to ten days.

Something about the whole EFT/EBT system lagging the actual transfer of funds. In any case, always seems funny how almost none of those things work out to the benefit of we "customers". :/

Esoog

Marksman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
A buddy of mine had the same issue with the e-check. Money was pulled but took 5 days for them to "get the money". Total time of purchase, payment, processing, and shipment to SSP was 9 business days. I mean sure, he could have bought the gun locally if he could have found it but not close to the price. He figured if it took a few days to get it, it was worth it.

Lurkerinthewoods

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Supporter
Reaction score
A buddy of mine had the same issue with the e-check. Money was pulled but took 5 days for them to "get the money". Total time of purchase, payment, processing, and shipment to SSP was 9 business days. I mean sure, he could have bought the gun locally if he could have found it but not close to the price. He figured if it took a few days to get it, it was worth it.

The price I got wasn't really worth the wait. I have purchased many firearms online and Buds has been the only one to add a CC fee. I don't expect merchants to eat the fees and fully expect them to add it into their price, the problems with Buds has been, their cash only prices aren't any better than the online dealers that don't charge a fee..

If they dropped the CC fee and sped up their shipping, I would probably buy from them in the future. My interaction with their customer service was great, I just didn't like their answer. LOL

bsmith918

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I usually see what Tommy at SSP can do pricewise, unless it is an impulse buy. Tommy gets me a better price than online on most items. Sooner State is my go to.

DanB

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have made two purchases through Buds. Both transactions went smoothly and shipped in a day or two. I have no reason not to look at their selection on my next purchase.

Latest posts

Top Bottom