Bug out Bag Tornados

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike_60

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Along with what everyone else suggested I'd add work gloves, shovel, axe, and a credit card. Other than a chainsaw, wheelbarrow, and lots of ibuprofen that is what I used most last time I helped clean up.

Lurker66

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
As you can see from the recommendations, your gonna need a huge bag lol. I overcame this by packing a plastic tote with lotsa stuff and storing that in cellar. Next, instead of a bag, we have personal papers, money, and some other essentials, packed in another small tote. This tote is packed and by the door, as soon as we hit Tstorm or Tornado WATCH.

When we hit Tornado WARNING for our area, the tote is put in cellar and we stay alert n watch news n radio.

securitysix

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Some very good ideas and some just face palms, for not thinking about other items. As for food what do you all suggest?

Thanks for the input

I keep foil packs of tuna in my bug out bag. Tuna has a pretty good shelf life and you can eat it straight out of the package. I get the ones packed in sunflower oil because they taste awesome. I've tried getting the pre-made tuna salad and hickory smoke flavored tunas but I always wind up eating those before they make it into the bag. Doesn't work if you don't like tuna, I guess.

If you're going to have enough water on hand and a way to cook it, you might consider some of the freeze dried backpacker meals.

Old Timer

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Don't forget toilet paper!
I don't know how many people have snatched up TP when we had it.

I would add either a small tarp, or black plastic it packs up smaller.
Duct tape

Carry several large trash bags, both for carrying clothes, etc.
They also make good rain coats with arm and neck holes cut in them.

And copies of all your important papers, cards, insurance, names, and phone numbers.

Latest posts

Top Bottom