Buh-bye Jaybird - hello ugly duckling...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'll second the accuracy part. Heck I'll second all of it. I think the LCR is the perfect snubbie. I'll admit I wasn't impressed until I handled one. The trigger is a lot better than my 442 and I've worked it over, but didn't change out any springs. It is smooth but 'prolly has a 20lb pull (I don't know what it is but compared to my competition revos it's feels like a ton). The LCR my SIL has is noticeably lighter and with the nickel boron coating on the trigger parts it's smooth too. At somewhere between 10 and 15 yards I can keep every shot in the upper A zone (that's the eye area on the head for those that don't know) on a USPSA target. I can't even come close to that with my 442 unless I really put a lot of effort into it, effort that I don't have to do with the LCR. Nothing wrong with the gun it's just the ergos are mucho better on the LCR for me. Also it is noticeably lighter and and yet handles the recoil better.

If anyone has an LCR with an XS big dot site and wants to trade for a nice 442 PM me.

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
I haven't shot one yet, but having experience with multiple other Ruger revolvers that employ the full grip on post construction, I wouldn't expect any less in recoil management. If I ever get a snubby for myself, that will be it.

Thanks for the review GED.

EFsDad

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
GED you change your mind (and rig and edc) like I change my shorts. But I love your reviews, you write well and I prefer your reviews than the gun rags. You have passion for the equipment. Thanks for the review!

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
GED you change your mind (and rig and edc) like I change my shorts. But I love your reviews, you write well and I prefer your reviews than the gun rags. You have passion for the equipment. Thanks for the review!

Except for the time my mentor, Paul Abel, once said to me, "Evan, you can go with me" this is the nicest thing anybody has ever said to me. :faint:

It's true, I do have a passion for small hideaway "deep concealment" pistols and various other EDC gear. EDC is a religion that should be praticed by each and every one of us who choose to go armed. While my choice of weaponry may change a little, my method of arms rarely (read: NEVER) does. For me, it's either a DA 5 shot revolver or a small DAO semi-auto pistol. Either wheelie or bottom feeder - no matter. The code of arms is ALWAYS the same.

Draw. Point. Shoot.

No silly safety to disengage. No hammer to decock. Just plain and simple...like me. :rolleyes2

Thanks for the compliment EFsDad and thanks to everybody else who took the time to read my rambling ********. :sunbath:

David2012

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I feel like Lisa Kudrow did in the sitcom "Friends" when she saw the fat naked guy across the alley through her window and yelled... "My eyes! My eyes!" OD green would not be my choice for a weapon.

When the orange Kool*Aid wears off and you sobber up ... the good ole dependable S&W airweight will take you back!

http://i1087.photobucket.com/albums/j474/David2U2011/SWAirweight.jpg

ripnbst

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I attempted to dust off an old J frame and shoot it during the Oklahoma practical defensive rifle match (You guys seriously need to come up with a new name for your match) at Oil Capital. Here is how I was able to do with it. Keep in mind this is the first time I've ever shot this gun and the second time in my life I shot a wheel gun, the previous time being about 3-4 years ago.

Accuracy was awful.

Last edited by a moderator:

been

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I attempted to dust off an old J frame and shoot it during the Oklahoma practical defensive rifle match (You guys seriously need to come up with a new name for your match) at Oil Capital. Here is how I was able to do with it. Keep in mind this is the first time I've ever shot this gun and the second time in my life I shot a wheel gun, the previous time being about 3-4 years ago.

Accuracy was awful.

cool! I missed the match this month :(
Glad to see they actually had handgun stages this time!

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Top Bottom