Built me a holster

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BallisticGuy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So i got bored today and decided to build a holster, i also ordered kydex and it will be ready tomarrow so i will try some kydex holsters. I built this based off my comp tac, i dont have a holster for the ol ruger so i thought i make one

ai60.photobucket.com_albums_h33_hockeyp102_IMG_0943.jpg
ai60.photobucket.com_albums_h33_hockeyp102_IMG_0956.jpg

ai60.photobucket.com_albums_h33_hockeyp102_IMG_0941_1.jpg

ai60.photobucket.com_albums_h33_hockeyp102_IMG_0944.jpg

BallisticGuy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
1/8in cowhide soaked it for a few sec put the gun in a gallon bag laid the leather over it formed it with my hands and let it dry. Alot less time then i thought. I built a rig for molding kydex so ill have more to come

Davs2601

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What did you use to stain your leather. It looks like the lid to wood stain. Reason I ask is I picked up a big sheet of leather from tandy leather today for some holsters. I didnt get any leather stain and was looking for an alternative so I dont have to make another trip, Im gonna order some kydex tomorrow to make a crossbreed ish holster for my lcp.

You did a great job on your new holster

BallisticGuy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I went to tandy today too! Got to go back tomarrow to get some more 1/8 to back it with, then sew the edges. I ordered 12x24 from Regal Plastic cant wait to pick it up tomarrow to try out my Jig

Davs2601

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So the wood stain dried out the leather. Glad i didnt go there then. What did you kydex cost you. I was fixing to order a 12x24 piece from knifekits.com for $10 plus shipping, but id rather spend a few more bucks and pick it up local

Latest posts

Top Bottom