Built me a holster

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Davs2601

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
All they would sell me was a 12x48 piece for $34 or so. How did you get them to sell you a smaller section. Did you call the place on reno? What thickness did you go? I was thinking .08 or .093.

gundummy911

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
If you have a "Tandy Leather" nearby, they sell leather scraps for less than $10 a pound I bought a couple of pounds 5 years ago and still have some left. That way you can try lots of different colors, thicknesses and types for cheap. Pick up a catalog while your there and you can also mail order just about any tool or fitting you can imagine. Plus, there is NOTHING like the smell of a leather shop, it alone is worth the trip!

BT

So the wood stain dried out the leather. Glad i didnt go there then. What did you kydex cost you. I was fixing to order a 12x24 piece fro m knifekits.com for $10 plus shipping, but id rather spend a few more bucks and pick it up local

Davs2601

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you have a "Tandy Leather" nearby, they sell leather scraps for less than $10 a pound I bought a couple of pounds 5 years ago and still have some left. That way you can try lots of different colors, thicknesses and types for cheap. Pick up a catalog while your there and you can also mail order just about any tool or fitting you can imagine. Plus, there is NOTHING like the smell of a leather shop, it alone is worth the trip!

BT

I stopped by there yesterday adn yes it smelled wonderful. I was talking about the kydex. I bought a big piece for $17. Probably 6 ft long by 18-24 wide. Plenty for quite a few holsters

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
I went to tandy today too! Got to go back tomarrow to get some more 1/8 to back it with, then sew the edges. I ordered 12x24 from Regal Plastic cant wait to pick it up tomarrow to try out my Jig

where did tandy move to? i was over at 50th and may not to long ago and they weren't there.
btw,hobby lobby sells scrap bags called "rancher packs". $5.99 lots of different colors if you want or plain ol browns.good for making knife sheaths also.

Davs2601

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
where did tandy move to? i was over at 50th and may not to long ago and they weren't there.
btw,hobby lobby sells scrap bags called "rancher packs". $5.99 lots of different colors if you want or plain ol browns.good for making knife sheaths also.

They are on 59th between penn and blackwellder sp? On the n side of the road

Latest posts

Top Bottom