Bullet recomendations 10mm Hunting

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rockchalk06

ʞlɒʜƆʞɔoЯ
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Bullet tech has come a long way since I've hunted with the 10mm. Thinking about making a load for hog and deer to mess around with. I've used a 200 grain hard cast in the past with "ok" results, but I'm sure there is something better.

Weapon will be a 5" 1911, so lead or velocity isn't a concern. I prefer heavier bullets 180 and above, but not opposed to try something different.

Thanks in advance OSA

ssgrock3

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Underwood has a dang impressive hard cast load in a couple different weights. They are powder coated and amped up pretty stiff.

wolfkpr

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just look at the available gel tests- pick a hp like the xtp that expands, penetrates 18”plus , and is over 1000 fps or so.. ( “ overpenetration” for social work is just ensuring regular exits for deer)

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Sounds like you already have bullets. The XTP is a pretty solid choice. Not the best at everything but they don't suck either. I'm sure they'll work just fine on deer and hogs and you'll be hard pressed finding a bullet more accurate in a wide range of guns.

If you want something more modern Speer sells Gold Dots for handloading.

Rez Exelon

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I picked up a bunch of 200gr Nosler ASP's the other day in my 180/200 mix from American Reloading. They seem like solid units but I've not tried them in anything.

diggler1833

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Bullet tech has come a long way since I've hunted with the 10mm. Thinking about making a load for hog and deer to mess around with. I've used a 200 grain hard cast in the past with "ok" results, but I'm sure there is something better.

Weapon will be a 5" 1911, so lead or velocity isn't a concern. I prefer heavier bullets 180 and above, but not opposed to try something different.

Thanks in advance OSA

I went this route of research about 10 months ago for my 5" Wilson Combat in 10mm with the same purpose.

I settled on 180gr Hornady XTP. Not the most expansion, but reliable expansion, easy feeding, and penetrates deep.

Latest posts

Top Bottom