Burris XTR II 1-5 x 24 with Fastfire III combo

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

R3DLINE

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just wanted to share this. Thinking about getting it for the Tavor. Great price, about $930 for the combo.

[video=youtube_share;Cb2wcdEQj3A]http://youtu.be/Cb2wcdEQj3A[/video]
[video=youtube_share;A2ixYAkiaVs]http://youtu.be/A2ixYAkiaVs[/video]

FOG

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Actually I did find it for around that price on sportsoptics. Opticsplanet has it for a little more but their package includes a mount. Only the 5.56 bdc type reticle is available in the packages though.

henschman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Cool... I like the 1-5x XTRII that comes with the ACOG type reticle. I hear very good things. I have been interested in one myself... less now that Trijicon came out with the Accupower with the same type of reticle for less money though.

However, buying it in a package deal like this makes it a very good value. The FFIII itself is worth almost $300. The PEPR mount is about $75-80. I have a few Burris scopes, and have always been pleased with the glass quality.

Last year I bought a package deal like this with a TAC30 and FFIII. I was going to sell the FFIII to pay for most of the purchase, but I ended up liking it and keeping it. It makes a good offset close range sight. I personally wouldn't mount it piggyback on the scope, like in the pictures... a 45 degree offset mount is a much better option IMO. I also don't see much point in a close range red dot on a scope that adjusts down to 1x... if you need to shoot up close, just use the 1x setting. I have mine on a Weaver 45 degree mount on my 6.8 hunting AR, which also wears a 3-9x40 Leupold.

As for the PEPR mount, I don't like it at all. It doesn't extend far enough forward for correct eye relief for me, and sits higher than the plane of the iron sights, which keeps me from getting a good cheek weld. Lots of people seem to like them though. I'm putting mine up for sale soon.

Enjoy the new optics. Be sure and give us a review when you get them.

Latest posts

Top Bottom