Business opportunity -- Summit Gun Broker is for sale

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HFS

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have no financial interest in this business.

Just went to see what Summit Gun Broker of Missouri has on sale, and saw this --

Yes, Summit Gun Broker is for sale. See the listing marked SGB for sale.

" I got my first Federal Firearms License in 1977 and have done this a long time. I don't claim to know everything about all guns but a lot of guns have passed through my hands. I will never quit learning even if I learn a slower now.

The time has come to pass the touch. Retirement is sneaking up on me and I am ready. I want to be done by the time I am 65. I have talked to my investment advisor and a business broker but I believe their price was a little high. Before I list it will try on my own. If you want information contact me. You will get a business that is up and running and does very well. It is a gun nuts dream. I will be glad to advise the new owner as long as he needs me. I have several ideas of how to make the business much larger if someone wants.
Contact us"

http://summitgunbroker.com

Poke78

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Business is $700,000 plus inventory.

Depending on what the books say, that's not a crazy number at first blush. I'm in the same place as the owner as far as age is concerned so I'm not going to be making a serious inquiry. It will be interesting to see how it works out.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Wife and I were walking in the mall in Norman the other day. We have been doing that for a few months, and we always notice empty mall spaces. She popped and suggested that maybe what we needed to do was put a gun store in the mall.

I told her that would drive Norman over the edge, political-wise.

Besides, I'm too old to want to do retail again. Plus, I'd scare the **** out of most of those mall walkers.

Dr. HK

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Personally I dont know if it is a good deal or not. I am sure the name has some worth, the website needs help. Though I would imagine the google search, the agreements with police departments, manufactures, and location could be worth some $$. The inventory well its worth something but it was not disclosed how much in inventory there was.

Dr. HK

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Oh and personally I would due a partial buy out. Make an offer if all due diligence was done would be to offer a lower buyout lets say of $400k. Then give the current owner a buyout over a specific time frame.

Latest posts

Top Bottom