Buying a new firearm on line

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zackmac26

Marksman
Supporting Member
Supporter
Reaction score
Anyone used Buds guns to buy on line
Yeah, I’ve bought some stuff from Buds before. Pretty easy to work with and shipping to my FFL was fast. Granted I haven’t ordered anything from them in a few years, I do have my eye on some matching Uberti cattlemen’s they have for a good deal.

StLPro2A

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Do you have to pay Oklahoma sales tax if you buy from out of state dealer?

Do you pay them when you get it transfered by a local FFL?

Thanks for the input
I have seen tax charged two ways......per rate at seller's location, or at your credit card address. Never paid tax at receiving FFL's rate. Used to be one paid sales tax if seller had brick'n;mortar location in your state. But, states have grown even more money hungry, are mandating sellers collect/remit tax every sale....as with Amazon, etc. Sometimes can still avoid with smaller retailers out of state, private sellers. Gunbroker automatically charges sales tax for virtually all states that have sales taxes. Missouri just started collecting online sales tax last year, and GB jumped on that immediately.

FYI, Just bought a Barrett Fieldcraft from Cabellas Gun Library-Boise. Of course they charged 50% above original MSRP...that's what they are going for, my decision......plus sales tax....added $250 to price. But, it is a sweet rifle, didn't have one in 270Win.......Jack O'Connor was spinning in his grave. RIP, now, Jack. Shipped to Bass Pro St. Charles, MO. Boise end of transaction was fantastic; MO end was horrible. They would not remove trigger lock, allow bolt to be put in rifle, check function, page after page of BP paperwork, red tape, and smartassness. After some pondering, concluded that NO ONE NEEDS TO BUY GUNS FROM BASS PRO/CABELAS. They offer NOTHING one can't get at local gun shop or online at same or lower price, no BS company paperwork....no WOKENESS. Had not been in a Cabelas or BP for some time, but won't darken their door ever again. Please spread the word. Thanks.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have seen tax charged two ways......per rate at seller's location, or at your credit card address. Never paid tax at receiving FFL's rate. Used to be one paid sales tax if seller had brick'n;mortar location in your state. But, states have grown even more money hungry, are mandating sellers collect/remit tax every sale....as with Amazon, etc. Sometimes can still avoid with smaller retailers out of state, private sellers. Gunbroker automatically charges sales tax for virtually all states that have sales taxes. Missouri just started collecting online sales tax last year, and GB jumped on that immediately.

FYI, Just bought a Barrett Fieldcraft from Cabellas Gun Library-Boise. Of course they charged 50% above original MSRP...that's what they are going for, my decision......plus sales tax....added $250 to price. But, it is a sweet rifle, didn't have one in 270Win.......Jack O'Connor was spinning in his grave. RIP, now, Jack. Shipped to Bass Pro St. Charles, MO. Boise end of transaction was fantastic; MO end was horrible. They would not remove trigger lock, allow bolt to be put in rifle, check function, page after page of BP paperwork, red tape, and smartassness. After some pondering, concluded that NO ONE NEEDS TO BUY GUNS FROM BASS PRO/CABELAS. They offer NOTHING one can't get at local gun shop or online at same or lower price, no BS company paperwork....no WOKENESS. Had not been in a Cabelas or BP for some time, but won't darken their door ever again. Please spread the word. Thanks.

Friends don't let friends buy firearms from Bass Pro/Cabelas. :disappoin

If I buy online, it's either from GT Distributors or Sportsmans Outdoor Superstore. I've purchased from Bud's as well.

Just keep your eyes peeled here. Lots of good deals show up. If there's something specific you're wanting, place a WTB ad. I guarantee somebody out there will hook you up. :thumb:

HMCS(FMF)Ret.

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I buy new guns almost exclusively off Gunbroker. They do charge sales tax. I only buy from established FFL’s. I never buy from private parties unless they have a lot of sales and an excellent reputation, but that’s very rare. Some sellers charge shipping and a 3% charge for using credit cards. Some don’t charge for shipping or credit card use (it’ll tell in each ad what they charge for). You’ll also have to pay the FFL fee. I use Sooner State Pawn always. They charge $10 and are GREAT to do business with. If you’re looking for a certain gun or even if you’re just looking, try Gunbroker auctions. I’ve bought a lot of guns at huge discounts from them (all new)

Latest posts

Top Bottom