Buying firearms marked law enforcement only?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rocko

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've searched everywhere for magazines for my Sig sp2022. The only place that has them in stock is the Sig sauer website. But they are marked "law enforcement only. During the last magazine ban were these not the mags you couldn't have? If I buy them would I have to give them up if confronted?

Coded-Dude

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Nothing wrong with them as far as I know. They are restricted here in CA because most of those markings come on magazines with a capacity larger than 10 rounds(which you have no laws against). Now, if it was marked United States Property, you might want to question the source.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
There is nothing illegal about them right now.

They should also have a date stamp so, in theory, if a new 10 round restriction comes into effect that grandfather's magazines made before the ban, you'll be ok.

Of course if they are retroactively banned, everyone is screwed regardless of whether or not the mag says "LEO/Mil use only" or not.

ssgrock3

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
don't remember them being date stamped, but nonetheless, they are good to go to own in oklahoma and most other states.

Latest posts

Top Bottom