buying food from Jesus Christ of Latterday saints

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

streak

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Has anyone done it?

How does it work?

When are they open?

Their prices seem to be great their just isn't a whole lot of info out there so any info would be appreciated. thanks!

amcardon

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You might want to change that thread title to say buying food from the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints... Just sayin' ;)

Anyway, to purchase food you need to go to the Bishop's Storehouse/Home Storage Center at 11224 S Meridian Ave, OKC. Phone number is (405) 691-6788. Not sure what the hours are, a lot of LDS Church ran businesses are not open Mondays, but I'm not sure about the Home Storage Centers.

It works by you going in, picking what you want, and paying for it ;) You don't have to be a member of the LDS Church.

streak

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks, I have no idea how to edit the title or I would. I have called that number but got no answer and saw online that some places you must be a member first or call before hand if not a member to set up an appointment.

JB Books

Shooter Emeritus
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am a big fan of Mormon people. Over my 45 years, I have had nothing but pleasant and profitable experiences with the Mormons I have met. As a whole (of course there are exceptions), I have found them to be honorable, moral and patriotic Americans.

I worked on some fen-phen cases with some Mormon attorneys. They still put my name on the prayer rolls and that was 10 years ago.

Don't know about their theology and don't much care, I just know that I have never had a bad experience with them. Can't say the same about the supposedly "born again" Charismatics I have met.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I am a big fan of Mormon people. Over my 45 years, I have had nothing but pleasant and profitable experiences with the Mormons I have met. As a whole (of course there are exceptions), I have found them to be honorable, moral and patriotic Americans.

The Mormon church bought 40 some thousand acres in Osage county about 20 years ago. Other than putting a hunting lodge on it, they haven't done anything with it.
Always thought they might make a big cattle ranch and processing plant there.

amcardon

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The Mormon church bought 40 some thousand acres in Osage county about 20 years ago. Other than putting a hunting lodge on it, they haven't done anything with it.
Always thought they might make a big cattle ranch and processing plant there.

Actually, they do quite a bit with that land, I just don't know the extent of their use. I do know they have a massive campground where they will be hosting a multi-state event this weekend to celebrate 100 years participating in BSA... I know there are multiple people that live/work up there - just not sure what all they do!

Mike_60

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You might want to change that thread title to say buying food from the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints... Just sayin' ;)

Anyway, to purchase food you need to go to the Bishop's Storehouse/Home Storage Center at 11224 S Meridian Ave, OKC. Phone number is (405) 691-6788. Not sure what the hours are, a lot of LDS Church ran businesses are not open Mondays, but I'm not sure about the Home Storage Centers.

It works by you going in, picking what you want, and paying for it ;) You don't have to be a member of the LDS Church.

I heard from a Mormon friend awhile back that because of some new federal food regulations that the Bishop's storehouses were going to dramatically change by selling only prepacked items, or possibly, close down all together.

Latest posts

Top Bottom