buying food from Jesus Christ of Latterday saints

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BikerHT

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My wife went to the cannery in OKC a few months ago. We got a pretty good bit of stuff. My folks came up from Texas and one of our daughters went with them, too. She was told it is better to come in as a group when canning it yourself. They all enjoyed the whole experience.

Sent from HT's iPad using Tapatalk HD

Blitzfike

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I will be visiting the store now that I know of it. I ran the disaster center at the community of Bridge Creek after the May 3, 1999 tornado. We have a fairly large Mormon presence here locally and the Mormon responders volunteered for duty in the aftermath of the tornado. Great people, Great workers. When they approached me about volunteering, I immediately accepted their help. I noticed how respectful they all were and commented on it to one of their leaders. He informed me that most of them thought I was one of their Bishops who had the same name as I.. I got complaints from some of the local ministers for allowing the Mormons in, and my response was for them to field an equal team if they were worried about it.. I would gladly accept their help anytime its offered.. Blitzfike

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Drummond- as in like the wonderful woman who 'shows' my wife how to cook awesome grubbage?

Yup. Grandpa gets on the show at times. I worked for him in the 60's.

Murphy J, I don't think it was Drummond land the Mormans bought as they are still in business. Ted Turner bought the Chapman Barnard ranch, but I sure don't know who was the original owner of the Morman place.

murphy j

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Murphy J, I don't think it was Drummond land the Mormans bought as they are still in business. Ted Turner bought the Chapman Barnard ranch, but I sure don't know who was the original owner of the Morman place.

The branches of the Drummond family that I'm most familiar with, have had to sell off property on a couple different occasions that I'm aware of. When Jon Roy was my Scoutmaster I know it happened at least twice, but what I don't know is who the land was sold to. I went to school with his son Scott and was friends with his son Christian. I lived a block from their house in Hominy and probably heard more of their doings as a child than I should have, what with me being over at their place a lot. I have no familiarity with the Pawhuska Drummonds.

Latest posts

Top Bottom